This easy overnight oats are perfect for hectic mornings and does not involve any cooking. A healthy, filling and delicious breakfast to kick-start your mornings.
I was always hesitant in making overnight oats as we do not cook them in these types of recipes. Which means oats would be raw and I was a bit reluctant in trying out with the raw oats. But then I discovered oven-toasted oats in Trader’s Joe which I liked and I did not feel any of its raw flavor at all. Therefore, I decided to give overnight oats a try. No wonder overnight oats are so popular–they are simply delicious, nutritious and filling.
I like such recipes in which I can prep ahead of time using simple and healthy ingredient for those busy mornings. And, overnight oats are just perfect!
How to make overnight oats?
You just need to soak rolled oats in milk for a few hours. It is the base for making these kind of recipes. You can add your favorite foods to make it delicious and healthy. In this particular recipe, I used almond butter, fresh blueberries, dried figs, and honey.
In a mason jar combine milk, almond butter, and honey. Whisk the mixture and then add rolled oats, figs, and some blueberries. Put on the lid and refrigerate overnight. Breakfast will ready even before you wake up!
How this easy overnight oats are healthy?
These easy overnight oats are prepared using all healthy ingredients
- Oats are an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamins B and various dietary minerals
- Blueberries are considered the king of all antioxidant foods
- Figs are a good source of soluble fiber and minerals. These are also a good source of antioxidants 
- It is naturally sweetened with honey or agave
Easy Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup toasted rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries divided
- 3/4 cup nut milk if vegan or low-fat milk
- 3-4 dried figs halved
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp agave or honey
In a mason jar add milk, almond butter, and sweetener. Whisk the mixture to mix well.
Then add toasted rolled oats, figs, and some blueberries. Put on the lid and refrigerate overnight.
Before serving top with some fresh blueberries and figs
- Adjust sweetener according to your taste.
- You can also use regular rolled oats if you want.
You may also like these additional breakfast recipes from Watch What U Eat