Make these Air Fryer Zucchini Corn Fritters from fresh zucchini and corn with this simple recipe. These are made in an Air Fryer and therefore healthy with very little oil. You will need only 5-6 ingredients. Perfect for appetizers or snacks. Do not have Air Fryer? Then, shallow fry them in a nonstick fry pan.
Do you love farm-fresh zucchini?
Then this zucchini and corn fritters recipe will give you one more reason to love it.
How to Make Zucchini Corn Fritters?
The very first step in this recipe is to grate the zucchini and add a little salt to it. Adding salt will help to leach out excess water from the zucchini. After about 10-15 min. squeeze out excess water from the zucchini either using clean hands or putting it into the cheesecloth. This step is necessary or else you will end up adding quite a bit of flour to the batter. After this combine grated zucchini with mashed boiled potatoes, corn and some chickpea flour. Add salt, pepper, and some finely minced garlic to make the fritters more flavorful. Form small patties and cook them in an Air Fryer until well done. Detailed list of ingredients and instructions are given below.
DO NOT have an Air Fryer?
No worries! Simply heat a nonstick frying pan and cook these prepared fritters in little oil until well done.
Air Fryer Cooking
I love the XL size of Phillips Air Fryer. It can accommodate 6-7 fritters at a time. For this recipe, I only needed two batches to make all of them.
If you are on the fence of buying new Air Fryer I would suggest going for a bigger size. It will cost a few dollars extra initially but you will save running cost and time while using it in the kitchen.
Zucchini Corn Fritters – Helpful Tips
- Choose medium-sized zucchini without any dents and blemishes. Press lightly all over and check its firmness. Always buy firm and fresh looking zucchini with a dark, rich green color.
- Thoroughly clean zucchini before cutting to remove all the dirt and pesticide layers using clean water. Give a bit of pressure and rub the surface of the zucchini while cleaning. It may sound obvious but I wanted to mention this step. Because ‘great’ people like my husband simply ‘show’ water to the veggies in the name of cleaning. So this tip is for those who are like him.
- You can use freshly removed corn kernels. However, I have used frozen corn in this recipe.
- Do not throw the juice collected after squeezing the grated zucchini (mentioned above). You can use it in soups, curry, sauces or even kneading the dough. Because it contains a ton of nutrients.
How are these Zucchini Corn Fritters healthy?
- Air fryer does not require a lot of oil to give a fried texture to the food. These fritters are made in the Air Fryer by just lightly brushing oil on the surface.
- These fritters do not contain any cheese or butter. And thus low in saturated fat.
- They contain all the nutrition from fresh zucchini and corn. Read more about the benefits of zucchini in this huff post’s article
- Chickpea flour in this recipe is a perfect swap to the traditional all-purpose flour.
Try these more Zucchini and Corn recipes from WWUE
Healthy Zucchini Corn Fritters
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Appetizers/Snacks pinboard!
Follow Watch What U Eat on Pinterest (We always pin mouthwatering recipes)
Air Fryer Healthy Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Ketchup or Yogurt tahini sauce
- Grate zucchini using a grater or food processor. In a mixing bowl, mix grated zucchini with little salt and leave it for 10-15 min. Then squeeze out excess water from the zucchini using clean hands or using a cheesecloth.
- Also, grate or mash the cooked potato*.
- Combine zucchini, potato, corn, chickpea flour, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly take 2 tbsp batter, give it a shape of a patty and place them on parchment paper**.
- Lightly brush oil on the surface of each fritter. Preheat Air Fryer to 360F.
- Place the fritters on the preheated Air Fryer mesh without touching each other. Cook them for 8 min.
- Then turn the fritters and cook for another 3-4 minute or until well done or till you get the desired color.
- Serve warm with ketchup or yogurt tahini sauce (see notes to prepare)
- *Cooking potato - cook the potato in a microwave oven for 3 min. Then place in cold water for a few minutes. Peel and then grate or mash.
- **Place the prepared patties on the parchment paper before cooking. It will really help to brush the oil and then take them out without breaking or sticking to the bottom.
- Add more flour if necessary. You can also use all purpose flour instead of chickpea flour.
- Yogurt tahini sauce - mix 1/2 cup yogurt with 1 tsp tahini and season with salt according to taste.
This page may include affiliate links which help us to deliver free recipes and maintain this blog.