Beat the summer heat by making this quick and easy watermelon slush drink. No need to add any sugar and the whole family can enjoy this healthy summer drink.
How do you use it other than cutting them into pieces and eating as a fruit?
To eat it, I love keeping it in the fridge before cutting and eating cold watermelon pieces. It really feels amazing to eat cold watermelon. Especially when the outside weather is scorching hot.
Here I am sharing with you yet another variation of watermelon and it is a frozen watermelon slush.
What you will need?
You will need only three ingredients for making this refreshing watermelon slushie drink
- watermelon – seedless medium-sized watermelon (see helpful tips for choosing perfect sweet watermelons).
- fresh mint leaves – few fresh mint leaves for refreshing taste
- lime juice – some freshly squeezed lime juice
How to make a healthy watermelon slush
Cut watermelon into 1-2 inch cubes and freeze them for a few hours. Blend frozen watermelon in a blender with few fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and some water until it purees. Serve this fresh slushie in a tall glass when it is still cold.
- Choose medium-sized seedless watermelon for making the slush. Always look for light to dark brownish spot on the surface of the watermelon. This is the spot where watermelon rests on the Mother Earth. The wider and darker this spot is the sweeter and delicious the watermelon will be.
- Do not buy watermelon with a white colored spot instead of dark. There is a chance that it might still be raw.
- Use a long watermelon knife for cutting the watermelons. It makes cutting larger fruits much easier. These days you can also find fancy tools like automatic watermelon cutters for cutting them into cubes.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments if you REALLY like this recipe. Thank You!
3 Ingredient Watermelon Slush
- 1 medium watermelon cut into 1-2"cubes (around 4-5 cups)
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cup drinking water
- Freeze watermelon cubes overnight or well in advance
- In a blender jar add frozen watermelon, fresh mint leaves, lime juice and water. Blend the mixture until it purees
- Pour the slushie in drinking glasses and serve when it is still cold
- Use lemon slices, fresh mint springs or watermelon slices to garnish the final drink.