Refreshing Mango Lemonade! Make this delicious and amazing drink to hydrate this summer. Prepared using mango pulp, zesty lemon, and honey.
Do you love mangoes?
If it is your favorite fruit then I am sure you must be loving everything about the king of fruits. Right?
I am simply in love with the mango flavor. Whenever I have to choose flavors for ice cream or frozen yogurt or drink I always go for the mango flavored one, if available. And, I love mango to the extent that I ended up working in the mango processing industry a few years back. Just kidding. However, it’s true that I did work in the Food Industry (as a Food Process Engineer) that processes mangoes as well.
Let’s get back to our recipe before I start diving into mango processing techniques which I am sure you will not be interested in. And, for me, it’s a never ending topic (ask Tushar!).
How to make mango lemonade?
You will need mango pulp, lemon juice, honey, chilled water and ice for this recipe. Just combine everything in a large pitcher or glass jar. Chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice. You can also use fresh mint leaves for extra freshness.
You can also use sugar syrup instead of honey. However, making sugar syrup involves an extra step and takes more time. Therefore, I love using honey or agave that help to make drinks like lemonade in no time.
For making lemonade I always use fresh lemon juice. Before buying this small budget electric citrus juicer, I used to squeeze lemons by hand or using the fork technique. With this small kitchen gadget, my life has become a lot easier. Now I can make 1 cup of fresh lemon or lime juice in less than 5 mins. And orange juice too.
- Lemons – always purchase thin-skinned lemons as they contain more juice compared to thick-skinned ones
- Purchase organic lemons when you want to use lemon zest. Because fruit peels contain the most pesticides
- To get most of the juice out from the lemons, heat them in a microwave for about 1 min. Then before cutting, rub them on a flat surface (like your kitchen counter or cutting board) to break the cells and release juice easily.
How is this lemonade healthy?
Making fresh drinks at home is always beneficial than purchasing packaged drinks that contain tons of chemicals and sugar.
According to WHFoods, Lemon has several health benefits. It contains flavonoids that have anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. Additionally, lemons are beneficial in digestion and are a rich source of vitamin C. Which is again antioxidant in nature.
Mango contains a significant amount of folate, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It is also a natural source of fibers like other fruits. You can find more info on mango here.
Honey is a natural sweetener and is much better than white sugar.
More summer drinks you will love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments if you REALLY like this recipe. Thank You!
Refreshing Homemade Mango Lemonade
- In a large glass pitcher or glass jar combine lemon juice, mango pulp, and honey. Mix well until the honey dissolves.
- Then add chilled water, fresh mint leaves, and refrigerate.
- Add few ice cubes in a serving jar. Pour chilled lemonade and garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
- Adjust sweetener according to your taste.
- Add more mango pulp if you want a strong mango flavor and a deep yellow color