Oatmeal pudding prepared using fresh fruits like strawberries and bananas with healthiest grains like steel-cut oats are perfect to kickstart any mornings.
Who on the earth will deny a dessert like looking breakfast in the morning? I am sure….no-one… Then you will definitely love this oatmeal pudding.
I guess making morning breakfast is a great challenge for everyone, even though if you know a ton of recipes. This happens to me a lot of time. I always wonder what I would prepare for the breakfast. And criteria, it should be easy, healthy, quick to prepare and most importantly tasty etc. etc… Too many expectations from the morning breakfast isn’t it. Does it happen to you?
Thanks to this blog. It is encouraging me to be creative and try out something new most of the time. And this time the result is this delicious oatmeal pudding that I wanted to share with you. You will also enjoy this breakfast pudding…it is
- simple to prepare
- like a dessert
How is this oatmeal pudding healthy?
- It prepared using steel-cut oats. Steel-cut oats are healthy whole grains that are rich in dietary fibers and proteins
- It is paired with fresh fruits like strawberries and bananas. Therefore, it is nutritious
- It is naturally sweetened
Steel-cut Oatmeal Pudding With Strawberries
- 1/2 cup quick cook steel-cut oats
- 2 cup skim milk (almond milk if vegan)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 perfectly ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey or (agave if vegan)
- 1 tbsp chocolate shavings (optional to garnish)
- Bring milk to a boil in a small pan on medium heat. Add quick cook steel-cut oats, cinnamon and mix well. Simmer the mixture on low heat for 5-7 mins*. Towards the end of cooking, add honey; combine well and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add strawberries and cook on a medium heat for about 3-4 min or until sauce like consistency
- Now, in a serving bowl add half of the cooked oatmeal pudding. Then add a layer of strawberry sauce. Finally, top with sliced banana. Optionally, garnish with chocolate shavings.
- *Look for cook time on package
If you love oats then you may also like this oatmeal based recipes