Pecan Chocolate Homemade Energy Bars
Delicious and nutty homemade energy bars perfect for takeout snacks or breakfast. Naturally sweetened and chocolaty.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 3/4 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 10 dates pitted and finely ground
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (I used 60% bittersweet)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts finely ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Spread pecans, walnuts, oats and chia seeds evenly on a baking sheet. Toast the mixture in the oven at 350 F (preheated) for 15 min. Once the mixture has cooled down transfer it to a medium bowl.
Heat a small pan on medium heat. Turn the heat to low; add agave, cocoa powder, chocolate and cook it for about 1-2 min; turn off the heat. Add vanilla extract, ground peanuts; mix well and transfer them to the oats-pecan mixture.
Finally, add ground dates to the mixture and using hands or spoon, thoroughly combine.
Transfer it to a 8”x8” baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the mixture evenly and press hard using hands or slightly curved wooden spatula. It will avoid making crumbly bars.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes to set. Remove the bar and cut it equally into 10-12 small bars. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last for few a days.
- If dates are quite hard, soak them in little water for about 15-20 min to soften before grinding.
- I used blender to make them fine. You can also use a food processor too for this purpose