Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
Light, fluffy and healthy oatmeal pancakes. Rich in fiber content and are ideal for sugar free morning breakfasts.
- 2 cups ground oats
- 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cooking oil to grease the pan
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- salt and pepper-according to taste
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt (optional for garnish)
- 5-6 grape tomatoes (optional for garnish)
Mix ground oats and flour in a bowl
Add yogurt, water and remaining ingredients; mix well
Add extra water if necessary
Heat the pan and grease it lightly
Spread a small amount of batter using spoon
Cook the batter on medium heat until the water start to evaporate from the surface and then flip over
Cook until both side are light brown and serve warm
- You can make these oatmeal pancakes as thin as you like. Also, you can add finely chopped vegetables (such as spinach) of your choice into the batter.
- These pancakes goes very well with any kind of hummus or tomato ketchup or Indian pickles (our favorite).