Super Juicy Garlic And Herb Roasted Whole Chicken With Delicious Gravy
Super juicy garlic and herb roasted whole chicken that you can make for your weekend family dinner or holiday party night. Quick preparation and tons of flavors.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
Servings: 4 to 5
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- a large celery stalk cut into 1-2" length
- 1 medium onion cut into quarters
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under 'spice rub'
Rub this spice mixture all over the chicken and inside the cavity
Fill in the chicken cavity with large pieces of onion, celery, and lemon. Tie the legs together using a cotton twine
In a roasting pan pour chicken stock and place a metal rack on the pan
Then lay the spiced chicken on the metal rack facing breast-side up
Bake the chicken covered using aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 40 mins. Uncover the chicken and bake further for 35 mins.
Let the chicken cool down slightly before carving
Then discard the twine. Collect pan drippings along with onion, celery and lemon pulp from the cavity into a blender jar. Blend it into a fine puree that you can use as gravy on the side
Have leftover chicken?
Make this shredded chicken sandwich recipe using leftover roasted chicken.
- Wash and pat dry chicken before using. Remove giblets etc., if there are any.
- To get nice golden brown color, broil the chicken for 1-2 minute at the end of baking.