Quick And Easy Watermelon Feta Basil Salad
Only 4 ingredients: this watermelon feta salad is perfect to enjoy seasonal fresh watermelons and strawberries.
- 5-6 cups watermelon pieces (about 1" in size)
- 2 cups strawberries cut into quarter
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil roughly chopped
- salt to taste (optional)
In a large mixing bowl combine watermelon, strawberries, cheese and basil. Gently mix to avoid breaking the watermelon pieces.
While serving, add little bit of salt to enhance the taste (remember feta cheese has some salt in it). It is completely optional and tastes great even without it.
- Chill watermelon pieces before preparing the salad to enjoy the cold version.
- Tastes amazing when fresh. However, you can refrigerate the leftovers for the next day.