Healthy Indian Mango Lassi
This lightened recipe for mango lassi is so easy to prepare and perfect to enjoy seasonal fresh mangoes.
- 1 cup mango puree (preferably chilled)
- 2 cup low-fat greek yogurt (chilled)
- 1 cup low-fat milk (chilled)
- 1/3 cup agave or honey or sugar
- pinch of cardamom powder
- 8-10 strands of saffron
- 1 tbsp crushed pistachios (optional for garnish)
- 1 pieces mango diced into small (optional for garnish)
In a mixing bowl or a wide pitcher add yogurt, mango puree, agave, saffron, cardamom powder and milk. Mix until well combined.
Adjust sweetener according to your taste. Serve cold to enjoy this creamy healthy mango drink.
- You can add more mango puree if you want strong mango flavor.
- If you are using fresh mangoes to make puree, make sure the mangoes are fiber free otherwise strain the pulp before adding into the lassi.
- Some canned mango puree contains added sugar. Adjust sweetener in this recipe according to your taste.
- If you want to enjoy a traditional rich creamy mango lassi, go for whole milk and full fat greek yogurt instead of the low fat versions.