Steel-cut Oatmeal Pudding With Strawberries
Oatmeal pudding prepared using fresh fruits like strawberries and bananas with healthiest grains like steel-cut oats. It is perfect to kickstart any mornings.
- 1/2 cup quick cook steel-cut oats
- 2 cup skim milk (almond milk if vegan)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 perfectly ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey or (agave if vegan)
- 1 tbsp chocolate shavings (optional to garnish)
Bring milk to a boil in a small pan on medium heat. Add quick cook steel-cut oats, cinnamon and mix well. Simmer the mixture on low heat for 5-7 mins*. Towards the end of cooking, add honey; combine well and turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, in a separate pan add strawberries and cook on a medium heat for about 3-4 min or until sauce like consistency
Now, in a serving bowl add half of the cooked oatmeal pudding. Then add a layer of strawberry sauce. Finally, top with sliced banana. Optionally, garnish with chocolate shavings.
- *Look for cook time on package