Homemade pizza sauce
Easy and healthy homemade pizza sauce -- full of fresh flavors and taste.
- 8-10 ripe red medium tomatoes puried
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet or pan on medium heat.
Add garlic and saute until fragrant for about 30-45 sec
Add onion and saute until translucent
Add tomato puree, water and let it boil
Season with remaining ingredients i.e spices, salt and pepper
Simmer the mixture on very low heat for about 1 to 1.15 hrs or until desired consistency is reached. It does not require frequent stirring unless heat is high.
Let it cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator or use immediately
- You can alter the spices according to your taste