Easy Garlic Kale Pasta
Try this quick and easy garlic kale pasta with pesto to incorporate super greens into your diet. A perfect and healthy recipe for cooking during busy times.
- 5-6 oz fresh kale chopped
- 3 cups raw pasta
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 medium roma tomato diced (optional)
- salt and pepper
Cook pasta according to instructions given on the packet. Drain and keep it aside.
Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan.
Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30-40 seconds.
Then add fresh kale and saute for 3-4 min or until the raw taste goes away..
Now add cooked pasta to the kale and mix everything well. Gently stir the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add basil pesto and chopped tomato to the kale pasta mixture. Mix well and serve warm.
- Once the pasta is cooked, immediately drain and rinse with cold water to avoid overcooking. This step is crucial if you love your pasta al dente.
- You can add more pesto to the dish to get the desired taste.
- Adding tomato in the end is completely optional.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 2.1g | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg