Vietnamese healthy spring rolls with peanut butter sauce
Vietnamese healthy spring rolls with creamy peanut butter sauce are a perfect treat to yourself at home. 30 min flavorful, healthy rolls for lunch or dinner
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- SPRING ROLLS
- 10-12 large shrimps deveined
- 1 cucumber julienned (3-4" long)
- 2-3 small carrots julienned (3-4" long)
- 3 oz buckwheat noodles
- leaves from 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup coriander (springs)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 10 rice paper wraps
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (plain)
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup water
Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp, 1 tsp soy sauce and salt if necessary. Sauté the shrimps for about 2-3 min or until well done. Let it cool for about 5 min.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to avoid further cooking.
Combine all ingredients listed under 'DIPPING' into a small sauce pan. Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 3-5 min or until corn starch is cooked.
Cut cooked shrimp into half lengthwise.
Take very warm water in a large skillet or large plate. Dip rice paper wrap in the water for 10-15 sec and then spread it carefully on a slightly wet cutting board.
Now put lettuce, some noodles, 2-3 carrot juliennes, 2-3 cucumber juliennes, some cilantro leaves, 3-4 mint leaves on one side of the wet wrap. Also, layer 2-3 shrimp halves ahead of veggies leaving some gap in between. Gently fold the rice paper wrap from noodle and veggie side once. Then tuck in the side edges of the wrap and continue to fold over the shrimp and roll until the seam is sealed. Repeat this step for each roll.
Enjoy these fresh healthy spring rolls with prepared peanut butter dipping.
You will also love this Vietnamese Spring Roll Salad
- Also, sprinkle some water over the cutting board or flat surface before putting wet rice paper wrap first the time.
- Do not dip rice paper in warm water for longer else it will be difficult to spread it on a flat surface.
- It may take some practice initially to roll these wraps.