15-min Quick And Easy Healthy Garlic Green Beans
This quick and easy garlic green beans recipe will make you relish green beans again and again. Perfect for making a healthy side dish that your family will love.
- 1 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 small onion or use 2 shallots
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes optional
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Steam green beans for about 5 mins (see notes).
Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook garlic with some chili flakes for few seconds
Then add onion and cook slightly for about one minute.
Finally add cooked green beans, salt, and pepper and mix gently. Turn off the heat.
- Steaming Green Beans - Bring some water to boil in a large frying pan or skillet. Put the steamer basket with green beans, cover and cook until your likings. I use this stainless steel steamer basket to steam vegetables. If you have something like this then you can use it with any large frying pan.
- If you don’t have an option to steam the beans then just boil them in water.
- Cooking onion - do not overcook the onions. Keep them a little crunchy.
- You can also add some extra virgin olive oil or pumpkin oil to the finished beans. I add it sometimes.