Easy Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
Prepare these cilantro lime grilled chicken thighs with delicious and healthy marinade. A quick and easy prep-ahead recipe perfect for grilling party dinners. Or just cook marinated chicken on the grill or frying pan for the weeknight dinner.
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 1 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil plus some more
- salt and pepper
In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients mentioned under cilantro lime marinade.
Coat the chicken thighs with the prepared marinade evenly. Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour or so.
Preheat the grill to about 400F or preheat the grill pan on medium heat.
Brush some oil on the grill and cook the chicken thighs for about 5-6 minutes. Flip them and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until well done.
Serve warm when ready.
- You can also use this cilantro lime marinade with chicken breasts or drumsticks. However, cooking times may vary.
- Cook the chicken until the pink color in the center disappears. And do not overcook it; otherwise, it will become hard in texture. Perfectly cooked chicken gives a soft and juicy texture.
- Lime juice also acts as a meat tenderizer, and in this case, it makes the chicken tender and juicy.
- You can use less lime juice than mentioned above if you are not a fan of the strong tangy taste.