Creamy & Healthy Fresh Summer Corn Chowder
This summer corn chowder is prepared using fresh corn, carrot, celery, and potato. Healthy, dairy free corn soup to enjoy any time of the year.
- 3 corn ears kernels removed
- 3 small butter potatoes
- 2 medium carrots finely diced
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp cashew cream (or 1/4 cup dairy cream)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (1 tsp dried)
- 4 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
Heat oil in a dutch oven on medium heat.
Add garlic and saute for 30 sec or until fragrant. Add onion and cook for 3-4 min or until translucent
Then add corn, carrot, celery, and potato. Saute them for 4-5 min. Add vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
Add fresh thyme and simmer the soup on low heat for 10-15 min or until potatoes and veggies are tender
Take out half of the soup mixture in a blender jar and blend until it gets to a smooth consistency
Pour back the blended soup in the pot and mix well.
Add cashew cream, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cook for another 5 min.
Serve warm as a side or with toasted bread slices or alongside a cheese sandwich for a light meal