This no cream and cheese yet creamy cauliflower soup is perfect for enjoying cold winter nights. Also, it is dairy-free and gluten-free.
Yes! You heard it right. This soup does not contain either cream or cheese. Then how did I give this soup that creamy texture we love so much?
It’s one of the super-secret ingredients that I occasionally use to prepare healthy creamy curries. Don’t worry; it won’t be a secret anymore. Because I have made this creamy cauliflower soup for sharing with you all.
I usually like stir-fried cauliflower with some Indian spices. Especially the one prepared by my mom is my favorite. And it tastes amazing with Indian flatbread or naan bread. Maybe one fine day, I will share her recipe with you all. These days I am more into making soups. Don’t blame me—the cold weather outside calls for it!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
If you watch your diet, then restaurant-style cream of cauliflower soup is among those dishes that need to get out from your plate. It is prepared using large amounts of butter, cheese, and cream. Therefore, I prepared this vegan cauliflower soup free from butter and cheese to give it a healthy twist.
And, to make this soup creamy, I used cooked potato and cashew cream. I am sure you will love this healthy version. It is….
- one pot
- Simply serve this warm bowl of creamy soup with crusty homemade bread or simple croutons.
- Prepare homemade focaccia bread or oven-baked zucchini flatbread, or easy chicken sandwich to pair with the soup for a wholesome meal.
- You can also pair it with veggie pasta salad or Italian lentil salad for a filling meal.
This cauliflower soup without cream is healthy because
- It is prepared using fresh cauliflower. Cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C, K, and manganese. it is also high in fiber. Moreover, it has several phytochemicals (1,2).
- It contains freshly prepared cashew cream. Cashews are packed with dietary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These are also a good source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, essential fats needed by our body for proper functioning.
- There is no added cheese or cream, or butter.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments if you REALLY like this recipe. Thank You!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Without Cream or Cheese
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into 1" to 1 ½" florets
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small potatoes (boiled or microwaved)
- ¼ cup cashew cream
- 5 cup water or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- salt and pepper
- some finely chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
- some chili flakes (optional for garnish)
- bread toast (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 30 sec.
- Add onion and cook until translucent for 2-3 min.
- Then add cauliflower florets and sauté for about 10-15 min or until tender. Let it cool for sometime.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower and cooked potatoes with some water.
- Add back pureed cauliflower to the pot. Add remaining water and bring mixture to boil.
- Once boiled, add cashew cream and season with salt and pepper. Then simmer the mixture on low heat for about 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and some chili flakes. Serve warm with whole wheat bread toast.