This no cream and cheese yet creamy cauliflower soup is perfect for enjoying cold winter nights. Also, it is dairy-free and gluten-free.
Yes! You heard it right. This soup does not contain either cream or cheese. Then how did I give this soup that creamy texture we love so much?
It’s one of the super-secret ingredients that I occasionally use to prepare healthy creamy curries. Don’t worry; it won’t be a secret anymore. Because I have made this creamy cauliflower soup for sharing with you all.
I usually like stir-fried cauliflower with some Indian spices. Especially the one prepared by my mom is my favorite. And it tastes amazing with Indian flatbread, aka roti or naan bread. Maybe one fine day, I will share her recipe with you all. These days I am more into making soups. Don’t blame me—the cold weather outside calls for it!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
If you watch your diet, then restaurant-style cream of cauliflower soup is among those dishes that need to get out from your plate. It is prepared using large amounts of butter, cheese, and cream. Therefore, I prepared this vegan cauliflower soup free from butter and cheese to give it a healthy twist.
And, to make this soup creamy, I used cooked potato and cashew cream. I am sure you will love this healthy version. It is….
- one pot
- Simply serve this warm bowl of creamy soup with crusty homemade bread or simple croutons.
- Prepare homemade focaccia bread or oven-baked zucchini flatbread, or easy chicken sandwich to pair with the soup for a wholesome meal.
- You can also pair it with veggie pasta salad or Italian lentil salad for a filling meal.
This creamy cauliflower soup is healthy because
- It is prepared using fresh cauliflower. Cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C, K, and manganese. it is also high in fiber. Moreover, it has several phytochemicals (1,2).
- It contains freshly prepared cashew cream. Cashews are packed with dietary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These are also a good source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, essential fats needed by our body for proper functioning.
- There is no added cheese or cream, or butter.
Healthy Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Dairy Free)
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into 1" to 1 ½" florets
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small potatoes (boiled or microwaved)
- ¼ cup cashew cream
- 5 cup water or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- salt and pepper
- some finely chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
- some chili flakes (optional for garnish)
- bread toast (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 30 sec.
- Add onion and cook until translucent for 2-3 min.
- Then add cauliflower florets and sauté for about 10-15 min or until tender. Let it cool for sometime.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower and cooked potatoes with some water.
- Add back pureed cauliflower to the pot. Add remaining water and bring mixture to boil.
- Once boiled, add cashew cream and season with salt and pepper. Then simmer the mixture on low heat for about 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and some chili flakes. Serve warm with whole wheat bread toast.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.