Healthy fried cauliflower rice: vegan, gluten-free, and a low-carb dish perfect for dinner or lunch. Also, it is a one-pot recipe that is ready in less than 30 mins.
This was my first attempt of making a dish using cauliflower rice. Prior to this, I heard about cauliflower rice but never got a chance to try it. Therefore, I was not sure how it would taste.
A few weeks back, just before Thanksgiving, I got a chance to try cauliflower rice pilaf in Wegmans (our local grocery store). Usually, on weekends they prepare samplers for some of their ready-to-cook meals. When I tried, I really liked the taste and the idea of turning cauliflower into fried rice-type dishes. Here I am sharing with you all my version of cauliflower rice.
We both enjoyed this fried cauliflower rice. Give it a try the next time you purchase cauliflower. I am sure you will love this healthy stir-fried rice. It is…
- low carb
- low calorie
- one pot
How to rice cauliflower?
Reducing cauliflower into grainy rice is not difficult at all if you have a food processor. Cut cauliflower into 1-2″ size florets and pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds.
I have a 12-cup Breville Sous Chef Food Processor that reduced the whole cauliflower (cut into large florets) into rice in a single batch. I love my Sous Chef because it reduces the pain of using it multiple times given its large capacity. So far a great investment :).
If you do not have a food processor, you can purchase packaged raw cauliflower rice from local grocery stores. However, I find it a bit expensive given the quantity they sell.
How is this fried cauliflower rice healthy?
This cauliflower rice stir fry is healthy because
- it is low in carbohydrates, dairy free and gluten free
- it does not contain saturated fat added from butter.
- This dish is prepared using fresh cauliflower which is rich in Vitamin C, K, and manganese. It is rich in fiber too and has several phytochemicals (1,2)
- It also contains green peas and corn. Green peas are very good source of fiber, protein, Vitamin A, B6, C and K, Phosphorous and Magnesium. Corn is a good source different B vitamins and folate. They also contain protein and fiber in moderate amounts.
The Best Fried Cauliflower Rice | V, GF, Low Carb
- 4-5 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 springs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- Heat a medium wok or fry pan on medium heat. Add oil, garlic and thyme leaves into the wok and sauté until fragrant for about 30 sec.
- Then add onions and fry until translucent for about 2-3 mins.
- Add cauliflower rice, peas, corn and stir fry them on high heat for about 10-12 min. Make sure to not burn the rice. Towards the end of cooking, season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Once done turn the heat off and add chopped almonds and dried cranberries. Serve warm as a main meal or on the side.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.