This refreshing and healthy non-alcoholic cranberry sangria is packed with all the goodness and nutrition from cranberry and fresh fruits. You can prepare this as your everyday drink. Also, this is perfect to serve as a party drink to please your guests.
This post is sponsored by Ocean Spray® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
What is your resolution for this year? Does it include focusing on a healthy lifestyle? For me, my resolution this year is to include more fruits into my diet. Let me confess–I am very lazy when it comes to eating fruits. I avoid them not because I don’t like them. It’s just that I am too lazy to pick them up and eat. I don’t know why, but I find it enormously difficult to do this . This is why I prepare gorgeous and refreshing drinks using fruits and juices that you’ll find hard to resist. You can check them out in the Drinks Section of Watch What U Eat. Here you’d find drinks such as pineapple mojito, mimosa, watermelon slush, strawberry lemonade viz., that are prepared using fresh fruits and juices, and that too without any artificial ingredients or preservatives–even better! So today, I am going to share with you another healthy and refreshing drink as an outcome of my laziness. It’s made using cranberry juice, fresh winter fruits, and sparkling apple cider. A perfect winter drink to enjoy the seasonal vibes.
Healthy Cranberry Sangria – What you will need
- Fresh apple – diced into small pieces
- Fresh pear – diced into small pieces
- Cranberry juice – I am using Ocean Spray(R) Pure 100% cranberry juice
- Sparkling apple cider
- Fresh cranberries – I use them to garnish
- Ice – use as per your preference
100% Cranberry Juice
Very recently, I came across this cranberry juice from Ocean Spray®. To my surprise, it is 100% cranberry juice without any blend from other fruits like pomegranate, grapes, etc. that is normally the case. Personally, I’ve had difficulty finding pure cranberry juice that is also free from preservatives. You might wonder why am I loving this Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice in particular!! Because it…
- has no added sugar
- does not contain artificial flavors or colors or preservatives
- is Non-GMO
- is low in calories (it contains only 60 cal per serving)
And, you can also use them in smoothies or for making cranberry mimosas or to prepare your own choice of drink with it. This post is about preparing Healthy Cranberry Sangria using cranberry juice. The Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice is made from 850+ fresh cranberries. Moreover, each 8 ounce of this juice equals 1 cup of fresh cranberry fruit. (Per USDA, it is recommended that you incorporate 2 cups of fruits towards your daily intake of 2,000 calories). I think these are more than enough reasons to fall in love with this juice from Ocean Spray®. Isn’t it? You can easily find it in stores like Target, Kroger, and Walmart. The other day I saw it in Wegmans too.
How to prepare Non-Alcoholic Cranberry Sangria?
Making this drink is super easy and simple. In a large pitcher, add diced fresh fruits such as apples, pears, and some fresh cranberries. Then add fresh cranberry juice and mix well. Finally, slowly pour sparkling apple cider and gently mix. In a serving glass, add a few ice cubes and fill it with chilled sangria along with fresh fruit pieces. That’s it! And this non-alcoholic sangria is ready to enjoy.
- Dice all the fruits into small pieces. Try to cut them as even as possible to give a gorgeous look to the drink.
- After adding the sparkling cider to the cranberry and fruits mixture, do not over mix. Otherwise, it will create a foam, and the drink will lose the fizz from the sparkling cider.
- You can also use sparkling water or drinking water instead of sparkling apple cider. For this, you may need to add some sweetener to enhance the taste.
- Feel free to add a variety of fruits such as pomegranate, grapes, etc., in addition to what I mentioned to further boost the nutritional value of the cranberry drink.
- Use pure cranberry juice to prepare this drink to get the natural color in your drink and all the benefits from cranberry (I find Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice is perfect when I need 100% pure juice)
- If you want to enjoy this drink cold or during summertime, then chill the cranberry juice and sparkling cider before preparing the drink.
You will also like these Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Healthy Cranberry Sangria
- 1 apple diced into small pieces
- 1 pear diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice (I used Ocean Spray(R) Pure cranberry juice)
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider (25 oz)
- In a large pitcher combine all diced fresh apple, pear and cranberries.
- Pour the cranberry juice and mix well to combine.
- Finally, slowly pour the sparkling apple cider and gently mix.
- Serve over some ice cubes.
- Use more cranberry juice to get a vibrant dark color of the sangria.
- Please note: sparkling apple cider is different from apple cider vinegar. DO NOT use apple cider vinegar.