This strawberry sangria is a great summer drink to enjoy fresh seasonal fruits and beat the summer heat. It is prepared using fresh strawberries and pineapple. And, it is non-alcoholic and naturally sweetened. Kids will love it. So ditch the store-bought calorie loaded drinks and try this non-alcoholic sangria this summer to stay hydrated.
As summer is approaching, I am really excited to try different non-alcoholic drinks this season. Yes, we both don’t drink alcohol at all. This summer will be the first summer of Watch What U Eat and this means that you will find some really interesting and tasty beverage recipes in our blog! In fact, I already shared a couple of drink recipes like peach lemonade and old-fashioned homemade lemonade.
Since last week or so we are finding fresh strawberries in our local grocery store. They are so fresh and don’t look like those taken out from the cold storage. This indicates in a real sense that spring has finally arrived. Therefore, I decided to try this strawberry sangria. It’s my first ever attempt to try any drink recipe other than lemonade at home.
In this sangria recipe, I used grape juice in place of wine. It was successful and I find it so tempting that I have made this drink 3-4 times in last week before making it for this post.
What I love about this non-alcoholic sangria….it is…
- naturally sweetened
- yes….kids friendly
- healthy too
- and very very easy to prepare
And, if you are here for non-alcoholic drink recipes, I am sure you will also love this sangria.
How is this strawberry sangria healthy?
- This drink is non-alcoholic
- it is prepared using fresh fruits and therefore it is nutritious
- it does not contain added artificial sweetener
Some other refreshing Summer Drinks you would love to try
Pineapple & Strawberry Sangria
- 1/2 pieces pineapple cut into 1/2" to 1"
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1 bottle sparkling water with no sugar
- 1/4 cup agave (or adjust accordingly to suit your taste)
- 10-12 leaves mint (optional)
- ice cubes for serving
- 1 lemon sliced
- In a medium bowl muddle pineapple pieces and then transfer into a pitcher.
- Add grape juice, lemon juice, sliced strawberries and mint leaves. Give it a mix. Refrigerate the mixture till serving.
- Before serving add chilled sparkling water, lemon slices and adjust sweetness if necessary. Serve with ice cubes to beat the heat!
- When you have optimally ripe fruits you will not need to add additional sweetener.