This pineapple strawberry sangria is a great non-alcoholic summer drink to enjoy fresh seasonal fruits and beat the summer heat. It is prepared using fresh strawberries and pineapple. And it is naturally sweetened.
This article was originally published in April 2016. In 2019 it was updated with new photos and additional information. However, there is no change in the main original recipe.
As summer is approaching, I am really excited to try different non-alcoholic drinks this season. Yes, we both don’t drink alcohol at all.
This summer will be the first for Watch What U Eat. This means you will find some really interesting and tasty beverage recipes in our blog in the future! In fact, I have already shared a couple of drink recipes like peach lemonade and raspberry mojito.
Since last week or so we have been seeing some fresh strawberries in our local grocery store. They are so fresh and don’t look like the ones taken out from the cold storage. This indicates in a real sense that spring has finally arrived. Therefore, I decided to try this seasonal fruit in homemade sangria. This is my first ever attempt to experiment with any drink recipe other than fresh lemonades at home.
In this non-alcoholic sangria recipe, I used grape juice in place of wine. It was successful and I find it so tempting that I have already made this drink 3-4 times last week before making it for this post.
What I love about this drink!!….it is…
- naturally sweetened
- yes….kids friendly
- healthy too
- and very quick’n easy to prepare
If you are here for non-alcoholic summer drink recipes, I am sure you will also enjoy this fresh strawberry mocktail.
So ditch the store-bought calorie loaded drinks and make this homemade non-alcoholic sangria during hot summer days to stay hydrated and enjoy the weather.
How to make Pineapple Strawberry Sangria
In a medium mixing bowl add some pineapple chunks. Using wooden muddler or back of the wooden spatula smash the pineapple pieces. It will bring out the juices from the fruit and will add sweetness and flavor to the drink. Transfer this mashed pineapple to a large pitcher. Then add sliced strawberries, lemon slices, fresh mint leaves, grape juice, lemon juice, and chilled sparkling water. Mix well and refrigerate the drink.
For serving add a few ice cubes to the serving glass and then pour the sangria.
Pineapple Strawberry Sangria – Helpful Tips!
- Use fresh fruits. Frozen fruits would not give the desired look to the drink.
- Use a wooden muddler to smash the pineapple pieces. It will help to release the juices from pineapple and will add a nice flavor to the drink.
- Chill the sparkling water in advance. This way you won’t have to chill the sangria and it will be ready to serve as soon as you prepare the drink.
- You can slice the strawberries and cut the pineapple into small pieces ahead and refrigerate them. This way you can make this drink very quickly whenever you want.
How is this sangria healthy?
- This drink is non-alcoholic
- it is prepared using fresh fruits and thus it is nutritious
- it does not contain added artificial sweetener
More Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks you would love to try
Non Alcoholic Pineapple Strawberry Sangria | Healthy Summer Drink
- 1/2 pineapple cut into 1/2" to 1"
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup grape juice preferably fresh
- 1 bottle sparkling water no sugar added
- 1/4 cup agave (or adjust accordingly to suit your taste)
- 10-12 leaves fresh mint (optional)
- ice cubes for serving
- 1 lemon sliced
- In a medium bowl muddle pineapple pieces and then transfer into a pitcher.
- Add grape juice, lemon juice, sliced strawberries and mint leaves. Give it a mix. Refrigerate the mixture before serving.
- Before serving add chilled sparkling water, lemon slices and adjust sweetness if necessary. Serve with ice cubes to beat the heat!
- When you have optimally ripe fruits you will not need to add additional sweetener.
Tools & Equipments
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here