This cilantro lime brown rice is a perfect side dish to enjoy with Mexican dishes. It is low in fat and rich in fibers. Also, it is a vegan and gluten-free recipe.
After taking a long break from blogging, I am back with this healthy and nutritious version of the cilantro-lime rice recipe.
You must have noticed my irregular postings on the blog–it was due to my three-month trip to India. I couldn’t get a chance to fully work on developing new recipes. However, I still managed to get my hands dirty on a few recipes which I will share with you in days to come.
I wanted to try this recipe for a long time and finally, I could get to it.
How to make cilantro lime brown rice?
As you would notice, all ingredients for this are listed in the name itself. Sauté all ingredients in little oil for a few mins., add water and cook until the rice is nice and tender. You can enjoy this rice as a side with Mexican dishes such as wraps, refried beans, fajitas, etc.
Once you try this cilantro lime brown rice recipe, I am sure you will start loving brown rice.
How is this cilantro lime brown rice Healthy?
This cilantro lime rice is healthy because…
- it is prepared using brown rice. Eating brown rice helps to lower bad cholesterol levels. Also, brown rice is rich in fibers, Selenium, and Manganese. It also helps to lose weight. (1, 2)
- It also contains fresh lime juice. Limes are rich in Vitamin C. They are also known to improve digestion and skin tone.
Some more healthy one-pot recipes you may like:
- Mexican Chicken And Rice
- Mexican Brown Rice
- Healthy Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- One Pot Chicken Biryani
- One Pot Spinach Rice
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 30 sec.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and brown rice and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Then add water and bring the mixture to boil. Season with salt and pepper
- Simmer rice on low heat for about 35-40 min or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Serve warm to enjoy a bowl of cilantro lime brown rice.
- I like the little tangy rice. Add more or less lime juice according to your preference.
- Check the rice every 5 min. towards the end of cooking. Add a little extra water if necessary to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- You can use quinoa and make this Cilantro Lime Quinoa.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.