If you are a fan of Indian roti or chapati but you don’t know how to make it or, if you are a busy person and don’t have time to knead and roll the dough or, if you are simply lazy (like me ) then this recipe is for you. This is a cheat but instant version of roti. It may not look like a 1 or 2 layered puffed roti but believe me it will give you the satisfaction of eating one.
Ingredients: Serves 1-2
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup water
- salt to taste
- oil to grease the pan
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- Heat the pan and lightly grease it with oil
- Spread a small amount of batter using spoon
- Cook the batter on medium heat until the water start to evaporates from the surface and then flip over
- Cook until both side are light brown in color
Note: If you find the batter sticking to your pan making it difficult to flip over, then beat 1 whole egg or egg white into the batter. Though this is less likely to happen unless the pan is overheated.
This looks amazing! I love Chapati! 🙂
Swati and Tushar says