Roast fresh cauliflower florets in the oven and turn them into this amazing roasted turmeric cauliflower soup. Perfect cold-night golden healthy soup to get the warmth.
Looking for fresh and healthy cauliflower recipes? Making soup from cauliflower is one of the most delicious and healthy cauliflower recipes you can try.
And this creamy roasted turmeric cauliflower soup is perfect to get the warmth during chilly winter nights.
In the last 2-3 weeks here in upstate New York we have been experiencing some of the coldest days of the season. We had a big snow storm and then a polar vortex within a few days!
When nature is at its peak, we enjoy comforting foods at home, sitting on the couch and enjoying our favorite TV shows. For such nights there is nothing better than a warm bowl of soup with toasted bread or homemade sandwich. Sometimes I like winters for this reason.
So no wonder that I am in the mood of trying different types of soups in my kitchen. These days, in addition to our popular creamy broccoli soup and healthy barley soup, this roasted turmeric cauliflower soup is our new favorite.
How to make roasted turmeric cauliflower soup?
To prepare this soup bake cauliflower florets, potatoes, and some garlic cloves in the oven until golden brown. Then blend everything in the blender with some water or broth until smooth. Fry some turmeric in little oil and add roasted cauliflower puree. Cook for a few minutes and serve warm. Find ingredients list and instructions in detail below.
How to thicken cauliflower soup?
To give a thick and creamy consistency to the soup, you can use whole dairy cream or raw cashews or potatoes. However, using dairy cream will decrease the health benefits of the soup. If you want to use raw cashews, add some while blending the roasted cauliflower florets in the blender. In this recipe, I use potatoes. Cut them into small pieces and bake them along with cauliflower.
What goes with cauliflower soup?
With this creamy, healthy cauliflower soup, you can serve toasted plain or garlic bread slices or croutons. You can also have this soup on the side of a homemade chicken sandwich or veggie sandwich for a complete wholesome meal.
Golden Cauliflower Soup – Helpful Tips!
- Use chemical and pesticide free organic cauliflower whenever possible. Remove any dark spots from the surface using a knife. Separate clusters of florets from the stem. Rinse and drain the clusters and then cut them into smaller 1-2″ size florets.
- Use potatoes for a smooth and creamy consistency of the soup. Cut them into similar sizes as of the florets to speed up the cooking.
- Once the baking is over, you can cook the florets on broil mode for a minute or so to get the desired color and smokey taste.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe – Required Tools and Equipment!
- Baking Sheet or Tray – For cooking cauliflower florets, garlic and potatoes in the oven
- Blender – To turn cooked cauliflower and potatoes into a creamy puree. You can also use an Immersion Hand Blender for this job.
- Soup Pot – Finally to cook the soup you will need a large soup pot or dutch oven.
More Soup Recipes You Will Love To Try
Healthy Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large cauliflower head cut into 1-2" florets
- 2 medium white potatoes cut into 1-2" pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cup water or water + vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On a baking tray spread cauliflower florets, potatoes, and garlic cloves. Drizzle around 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Give them a quick mix.
- Then cook them in preheated oven for about 15 min. Using spatula stir the florets and potatoes and cook for another 10-15 min or until well done.
- Once roasting is done allow it to cool down for some time.
- Transfer everything to the blender. Add 2 cups of water and blend the florets until it forms a puree.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium pot on low heat. Add turmeric and red chili flakes and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the roasted cauliflower puree, some more water or vegetable stock and bring mixture to a boil. Then add lemon juice and more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook the cauliflower soup on low heat for about 5 min and serve warm.
- Spread florets, potatoes, and garlic in a single layer on the baking tray. This will help to cook the potato and cauliflower evenly.
- You can adjust the consistency of the soup with more or less liquid mentioned in the ingredients as per your liking.
- Want to use Immersion Hand Blender? -- After heating turmeric and chili flakes (mentioned above in step 6) add roasted cauliflower florets, potatoes, and garlic. Add all the liquid and then blend everything using a hand blender. Then follow the remaining instructions.
Food for the Soul
“By meditation we develop that strength within us, so automatically we start solving the problem.” — Shri Mataji (Sydney, Australia. 1987- June 5) Experience your self-realization now.
This page may include affiliate links which help us to deliver free recipes and maintain this blog.