Prepare this simple stir-fry vegetarian pasta salad using all fresh veggies and whole-grain pasta. A healthy, wholesome lunch or dinner is ready in under 30 min.
Recipe Inspiration / Background
If you are looking for an easy, quick, and healthy pasta recipe, then you are at the right place. This pan-roasted veggie pasta salad recipe is a perfect fit
I have been trying to get this recipe online for weeks, to be honest with you guys. However, sometimes some things are beyond your control.
I had already planned for a photoshoot and gotten everything ready to feature this recipe. While photographing these beautiful-looking stir-fry veggies, I completely forgot about the boiling pasta on my stove. It kept calling me repeatedly (I should have turned on the timer), but I was busy and engrossed in my photoshoot. Disaster struck! My pasta completely turned into a big mess and got consumed by boiling water! And above all, it had to happen on my birthday. What a day it was–I am still recovering from that loss.
So, lesson learned! Never ever neglect and leave alone your boiling pasta, however beautiful your green veggies look.
Anyways! let’s get back to our recipe. This multicolored veggie pasta salad is very nutritious and quick to prepare. It will hardly take you 30 min or even less to get it on the table.
How To Make Vegetarian Pasta Salad?
In a frying pan or cast-iron skillet, saute different colored bell peppers, broccoli florets, and onion together. Season the veggies with some salt and oregano or Italian spice mix for Italian flavors. Toss the sauteed veggies with cooked pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and fresh basil, and there you go–lunch/dinner is ready to serve.
Give it a try, and I am sure you will love this veggie pasta recipe.
How Is This Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad Healthy?
This pasta salad is healthy because it is prepared using all healthy ingredients.
- Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Broccoli contains an impressive amount of vitamin K. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Additionally, it contains moderate amounts of dietary minerals such as manganese and vitamin B. It is also loaded with phytochemicals and antioxidants .
- This salad does not contain any saturated fat from butter and is prepared using a healthy oil such as olive oil.
Stir Fry Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 oz macroni pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- 1 each red and green bell pepper cut into ½" pieces
- 1 medium broccoli head cut into florets
- medium onion cut into ½" pieces
- 1 can sundried tomato (drained) cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or Italian spice mix)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Keep it aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Add onion and saute until translucent
- Add garlic, bell peppers, and cook for 3-4 min
- Then add broccoli florets and saute for another 3-4 min
- Season with salt and oregano; mix well
- Add stir fried veggies into cooked pasta.
- Add sundried tomato, parmesan, and fresh basil. Gently toss the salad
- Serve warm or cold.