With these southwest-flavored mini meatloaves, take turkey meat onto the grill this barbecue season. These are perfect healthy appetizers to host any party.
Hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, chicken, etc. are very common on the grill during summer. However, there is a lean protein as well which is healthier and perfect for the grill.
Do you know what it is? It’s Turkey
You heard it right! It might seem unusual on the grill. Then WHY turkey? Because
- Turkey is naturally low in fat and provides immune-boosting nutrients like iron, potassium, and zinc. It is a lean protein that helps us to feel full for a long time and satisfy the appetite
- Also, turkey soaks up all the flavors from the seasonings or marinades it’s cooked with, making it a versatile protein.
Turkey provides so many benefits over red meat that is high in cholesterol. Then why not incorporate it into our diet on a regular basis rather than just limit it for the Thanksgiving dinner??
We inaugurated our grilling recipes this season with southwest-flavored grilled turkey mini meatloaves that I am going to share with you. These are perfect flavorful finger foods for summer parties, potlucks, and neighborhood barbecues.
Make them next time when you fire up the grill while hosting potlucks or barbecue parties at home. Trust me these will disappear in minutes from the dining table. Because these are absolutely…
- quick to prepare
How are these grilled mini meatloaves healthy?
These grilled meatloaves are prepared using all healthy ingredients
- Turkey – is a lean protein and is considered as healthy when compared to red meat like beef, lamb, and pork. (Visit National Turkey Federation to know more about turkey meat)
- These are cooked on the lightly greased grill and therefore contain much less oil than fried finger foods
- It also contains some amount of corn and fresh red pepper as added veggies.
Grilled Mini Turkey Meatloaves
AVOCADO YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients listed under turkey meatloaves and mix well
- Divide the mixture into 16-18 equal parts. Shape each part into small ¾″ thick meatloaf.
- Heat the grill or grill pan. Lightly brush the grill with oil.
- Cook the prepared mini meatloaves on preheated grill for 4-5 min on medium heat. Flip the meatloaves and cook further for additional 4-5 min or until well done
- To prepare avocado yogurt sauce, add avocado, greek yogurt, garlic, parsley, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until it gets to a smooth consistency.
- Serve these mini meatloaves with the avocado yogurt sauce
Happy Grilling! To grill the unexpected 🙂