A simple stir fry vegetable pasta salad that is prepared using all fresh veggies and whole grain pasta. A healthy wholesome lunch or dinner ready under 30 min.
If you are looking for an easy, quick and healthy pasta recipe then you are at the right place. This pan-roasted veggie pasta salad recipe is a perfect fit
To be honest with you guys, I have been trying to get this recipe online for weeks. However, sometimes there are things that are beyond your control. I had already planned for a photo shoot and gotten everything ready to feature this recipe. While I was photographing these beautiful looking stir-fry veggies, I completely forgot about the boiling pasta on my stove. It kept calling me again and again (I should have turned on the timer) but I was all busy and engrossed in my photo shoot. Disaster struck! My pasta completely turned into a big mess and got consumed by boiling water! And above all, it had to happen on my birthday. What a day it was–I am still recovering from that loss. So, lesson learned! Never ever neglect and leave alone your boiling pasta, however beautiful your green veggies look.
Anyways! let’s get back to our recipe. This multicolored veggie pasta salad is very nutritious and quick to prepare. It will hardly take you 30 min or even less to get it on the table.
How to make stir fry vegetable pasta salad?
In a frying pan or cast iron skillet saute different colored bell peppers, broccoli florets, and onion together. For Italian flavors season the veggies with some salt and oregano or Italian spice mix. Toss the sauteed veggies with cooked pasta, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and fresh basil and there you go–lunch/dinner is ready to be served.
Give it a try, I am sure you will love this veggie pasta recipe.
How is this Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad healthy?
This pasta salad is healthy because it is prepared using all healthy ingredients.
- Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Broccoli contains an impressive amount of vitamin K. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Additionally, it also contains dietary mineral such as manganese and vitamin B in moderate amounts. It is also loaded with phytochemicals and antioxidants .
- This salad does not contain any saturated fat from butter and is prepared using a healthy oil such olive oil.
- 8 oz macroni pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium broccoli head cut into florets
- Medium onion cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 can sundried tomato (drained) cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano (or Italian spice mix)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Keep it aside in a large mixing bowl.
Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Add onion and saute until translucent
Add garlic, bell peppers, and cook for 3-4 min
Then add broccoli florets and saute for another 3-4 min
Season with salt and oregano; mix well
Add stir fried veggies into cooked pasta.
Add sundried tomato, parmesan, and fresh basil. Gently toss the salad
Serve warm or cold.
Vegan: This pasta salad also tastes great without parmesan
Watch the video here
This page includes affiliate links which help make this blog possible.
You may also love these healthy recipes