Make this roasted veggie quinoa bowl using fresh summer vegetables like squash, zucchini, and toasted chickpeas. It is a super nutritious bowl and loaded with all dietary fibers, healthy proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals.
Toasted flavors from chickpeas and vegetables, especially zucchini and squash, make the dish delicious.
And chickpeas roasted with some spices are tempting, and I never miss an opportunity to use them, such as in chickpea naan wraps. I usually have oven-baked veggies several times for our side dishes. However, I had never combined them with chickpeas for a single dish like this quinoa bowl before.
Quinoa is accepted as a super grain or superfood worldwide. If you want to include quinoa into your diet, try this super bowl–you will love it. It is really….
- simple and easy to prepare
- a super bowl
How this Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Bowl is healthy?
This quinoa bowl is healthy as it is prepared using all healthy ingredients
- Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber, and various essential vitamins and minerals. It is gluten-free too.
- Fresh veggies like zucchini and squash are rich in vitamins, and minerals and also contain some dietary fibers
- Chickpeas are a source of healthy and plant-based protein. It means protein with no cholesterol.
- Avocado is rich in healthy fat
More Wholesome Recipes You Will Love
- Italian Lentil Salad
- Healthy Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Mexican Chicken Avocado Salad
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls Salad Bowl
- Sweet Potato Wild Rice Salad
Roasted Veggie & Quinoa Bowl With Avocado Sauce
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced
- 1 can chickpea drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa raw
- 2 cups organic low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable stock if vegan)
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves small garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paparika
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder or garam masala
- 1 large tomato
- pulp from half avocado
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking tray with Aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray some oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sliced zucchini and squash. Add thyme, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, salt and pepper according to taste. Mix well and spread the slices on the baking tray. Also, place one large tomato in the tray
- Then, in the same bowl add chickpeas, paprika, cumin powder, curry powder, remaining oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and spread the mixture on the baking tray*. Transfer the tray into the baking oven. Bake it for 35-40 min. in total. After 20 min. or so, flip the vegetables and stir the chickpeas. Once done turn off the heat and let it cool for few mins.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan add quinoa, chicken stock or vegetable stock and bring it to boil. Add salt according to taste and simmer the quinoa on low heat for about 18-20 min.
- Peel off the skin from roasted tomato, chop it finely and add it to a mixing bowl. Add avocado, onion, salt and pepper. Mash the mixture to combine well.
- In a serving bowl assemble quinoa, roasted vegetables and roasted chickpeas. Serve with roasted tomato-avocado sauce to enjoy this healthy quinoa bowl.
- *If you do not have large tray use separate trays for veggies and chickpeas
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.