If you are looking for a healthy alternative to potato french fries then this oven roasted sweet potato fries are perfect for you. Its sweet-salty and spicy taste will make you want them again and again.
Adopting healthy eating habits is not difficult than one may think. It is just a matter of making healthy choices. Choosing healthy alternatives to what we love to eat will help us to get into this habit of eating healthy. For example, choosing oven baked french fries over deep fried makes a huge difference. Think of cutting down on those saturated fats in the oils that are used to fry them. These little things matter a lot and add up over time to help you to cut down on ‘bad’ calorie intakes while you still get to enjoy your favorite foods!
These days I am exploring more and more options to include healthy and nutritious ingredients into our diet. And, no doubt that sweet potato is nature’s gift as a healthy food. These oven roasted sweet potato fries are really a great option to potato french fries and are perfect as a side to any homemade burger, sandwiches, and wraps. Why I love them….because of its…
- orange-red color
- nutritional value
- packed with flavors
- sweet-salty and spicy fusion taste
How are these roasted sweet potato fries healthy?
- Sweet potatoes are rich in dietary fiber, complex carbohydrates, and beta-carotene i.e vitamin A
- It is also a moderate source of micronutrients like manganese, vitamin B5, and B6
- These sweet potato fries are oven baked and do not contain fats from oils used for frying
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Healthy sweet potato fries that are baked in oven. Less in fat and loaded with complex carbohydrates, dietary fibers and vitamin A
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly. Dry and cut it into half across the length and then into even sized sticks.
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 tbsp oil, vinegar, garlic powder, dried parsley and paprika. Then add sweet potato sticks, salt and pepper. Mix well until sticks are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Prepare a baking sheet by evenly coating with remaining oil. Spread the sweet potato sticks onto the pan. Ensure each stick is touching the pan and not overlapping each other for even heating.
- Transfer the pan into preheated oven. Bake it for 15 min. and then flip the fries. Bake further for 10 min. Again flip, turn the oven on to the highest heat setting (mine is 500 F) and bake for another 10 min to get those little brown and crispy edges.
You may also like some more recipes that go well with these fries