Make these low-fat Air Fryer French Fries to enjoy homemade fries. Healthy fries you can make anytime when you crave for french fries. Way better than restaurant or takeout. Watch the video below.
These healthy parmesan french fries are prepared using an Air Fryer.
Because you can enjoy the crunch and crisp of deep fried foods without the oil in the air fryer. It is an amazing investment we did in our kitchen a few months back. And I am absolutely loving it. We are experimenting it to prepare classic recipes from different cuisines that require deep frying.
French fries were the first recipe we tried in our air fryer. To my amazement, it really gives the same texture as deep frying. Which means enjoying deep-fried foods with literally NO oil is definitely possible. I’ll take the liberty to call them ‘air-fried’ french fries 😛
When making home fries options are unlimited. You can make them flavorful as per your taste. I am using parmesan and parsley to flavor these potato fries. Take out your Air Fryer and get started with these low-fat french fries.
How to use air fryer for french fries?
Cut large potatoes into fries shape. Then using a clean cotton kitchen towel or paper towel remove excess moisture from freshly cut fries. Then add parmesan cheese, herbs, salt and a little bit of oil. Gently mix to coat the cheese, oil, and herbs evenly on the fries. Some amount of oil is necessary to get the nice golden brown color and avoid the fries sticking to each other.
Preheat the Air Fryer for a few minutes and then spread the prepared fries evenly on the wire basket. Cook until well done. Intermittently mix the fries few times for even frying on all sides.
- My food processor with french fry cut disk reduces the potatoes into fries in under one minute. It makes them even sized too. If you do not have such a food processor or kitchen gadget, cut the fries using a knife as even as possible for even cooking.
- Spray or brush little oil on to the metal basket to avoid sticking the fries on to the mesh.
- Reheat cold and leftover fries in the preheated Air Fryer for 1-2 minute to regain the fresh taste and texture.
Are air fryer french fries healthy?
YES! Air Fryer french fries are way healthier than fries made using conventional deep frying in oil. Air Fryer uses continuous circulation of hot air to fry the food. It needs little to zero oil to get the same texture and taste. Therefore, it is possible to cut down extra calories from excess fat that comes from deep frying in oil.
Not just french fries you can use it for a variety of foods that are deep fried in oil viz; fried parmesan chicken, samosas, fried onion rings etc.
And I would recommend on buying Air Fryer if you want to start eating healthy without comprising on the taste of your favorite fried food.
Other healthy and low-fat recipes you may love
Healthy Low Fat Air Fryer French Fries
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus more to brush wire basket
- Cut potatoes into 1/4" thick fries.
- Pat dry using a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, salt, and oil. Toss or gently mix to coat cheese, herbs, and oil evenly.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 360 F for 2-3 min. Lightly brush some oil on the base of the wire basket.
- Then evenly spread the seasoned fries on the mesh. Cook for a total of 20 min.
- After 10 mins. of cooking, mix the fries gently using metal tongs.
- Continue cooking for another 5 mins. and mix the fries again.
- Finally, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve these fries warm with ketchup or with your favorite dip
- Clean potatoes thoroughly using water to remove all the dirt and soil particles.
- You can cook the fries for an additional minute or two to get the dark color and crispy texture.
- I use Philips XL size Air Fryer which can handle up to 1 1/2-2 lb potato fries in a single batch. If you have a smaller sized Air Fryer, you may want to cook the fries in two batches. Cooking time may vary for the smaller fryer.
- Read helpful tips above for additional tips.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here
Watch Video Here ⇓