Make this garlic mushroom quinoa to get going with your healthy and clean eating habits. So easy to prepare and amazingly delicious with only a handful of ingredients. Ready in less than 20 minutes.
I just realized that on WWUE you can find a ton of recipes that have garlic flavors. Whether it is garlic naan bread or garlic shrimp in tomato gravy or roasted whole cauliflower you can find it everywhere.
OMG, I am really obsessed with garlic flavors. But isn’t it amazing? And scientific studies have shown that garlic is good for health.
If you are someone like me, I am sure you will love and enjoy this garlic mushroom quinoa recipe.
How to make garlic mushroom quinoa?
In a medium pot saute chopped garlic in a cooking oil until fragrant. Then add sliced fresh button mushrooms and cook them with garlic until all the water evaporates. Then add uncooked quinoa and chicken broth and bring to boil. Season with salt and cook the mixture on low heat until well done. How simple is that!
- Choose clean and fresh mushrooms without bruises and spots. Use them as soon as possible after purchasing. I find they get bad very soon compared to other vegetables.
- Clean and rinse raw quinoa by using a large fine strainer to get rid of any dust and dirt particles.
Mushroom quinoa – Possible recipe variations
- To make this quinoa mushroom into a complete one-pot meal, you can add beans (cooked or canned) along with uncooked quinoa.
- You can add some finely chopped onions to enhance its flavor even more. Before adding mushrooms saute the onions until they turn golden brown.
- For a vegan option use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- And if you want to cheat, use butter instead of oil (I do it once in a while :P)
Some more quinoa recipes you might love
One Pot Garlic Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 cup whole grain quinoa raw
- 12 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium pot.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook on medium to high heat for about 5-6 min or until all the water from the mushrooms evaporate.
- Then add quinoa and stir for couple of minutes.
- Add broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for 15-18 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked add chopped cilantro. Serve warm
- Cooking mushrooms together with garlic develop really good flavors. Also, a little bit of browning of the mushrooms give a very delicious and unique taste to the quinoa.