Turn fresh vegetables into this simple, quick yet delicious and awesome stir-fry veggies. Pair with pasta or rice to make it a complete wholesome meal.
These Italian stir-fry veggies are made in partnership with Stouffer’s to go with their family size macaroni and cheese as a nutritious side dish. Stouffer’s prepared Macaroni & Cheese recipe includes real, simple ingredients, like freshly made pasta, cheddar cheese, milk, and butter. It offers great taste without the effort required to cook a full meal from scratch. More importantly, the dish does not contain any chemicals and artificial preservatives that are usually added to increase the shelf life.
As a Food Engineer, I would always prefer prepared foods/meals that are frozen over those at normal temperatures but typically containing preservatives. Because subzero temperatures are sufficient to preserve foods from bacterial contamination. There is no need to add a ton of chemicals to make them last longer.
There are times when I am really busy and to be honest ready-to-eat mac’n cheese is my favorite comfort food (and savior too!). When I plan on eating mac’n cheese, I ensure to balance my diet by incorporating tons of fresh and nutrient-dense veggies in my Food Plate. This way, I can enjoy my favorite macaroni and cheese while accommodating those busy schedules.
Research shows that Americans are only meeting MyPlate recommendations for vegetables, fruit, proteins, dairy and grains seven days out of 365. We know that everyone wants to eat better but needs inspiration and simple solutions to choose from so they can make it a reality more often. You can refer this article on Healthy Eating Diet /Balanced Diet for more information on balanced diet and MyPlate that I published a few months back. And we share such simple, nutritious and wholesome recipes on Watch What U Eat.
Today I am sharing with you, our family favorite stir-fry veggies recipe. You can pair it not only with macaroni and cheese but with any of your favorite dishes. Or, you can add cooked pasta to it and make a veggie pasta salad as a wholesome dish.
How is this stir-fry veggies nutritious?
This Italian style sautéed vegetables are nutritious because it is prepared using
- fresh bell peppers – these are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants.
- broccoli contains an impressive amount of vitamin K. It is rich in vitamin A, potassium, and vitamin C. Moreover, it also contains manganese and vitamin B in moderate amounts. It is also packed with phytochemicals and antioxidants .
- it is prepared using olive oil which is a good fat
Simple, Quick Yet Delicious and Nutritious Stir-fry Veggies
- 1 bell pepper each of red, green and yellow cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium broccoli head cut into florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 green apple sliced
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and saute for few mins.
- Then add diced bell peppers, broccoli and saute 5-6 mins.
- Add sundried tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well
- Before serving, top with some basil pesto and apple slices. Serve as a side to delicious pasta like mac'n cheese or any other dish
- You can reserve and use olive oil drained from a can of sun-dried tomato to stir fry veggies.
- You can also add some greens for added nutrition.
- If you are super busy, you can go with frozen peppers to cut down prep time.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
You may also like these Italian flavors