This super delicious easy garlic shrimp in tomato sauce is a quick and easy side dish that you can make in no time. Pair it with any pasta dish, risotto, plain rice or salads.
If this is the only food left on Earth, I am completely sure I can survive all my life with it. I am sooo much crazy about it. Shrimp lovers can understand my feelings.
A few weeks back I randomly made this spicy tomato shrimp using handy ingredients to go with butternut quinoa risotto. Surprisingly, in my first attempt itself, it turned out so well that I decided to bring it on the blog as well.
Do you love shrimps too? Then you should definitely try this shrimp in tomato sauce. Trust me, this finger-licking tomato sauce is absolutely irresistible.
How to make shrimp in tomato sauce
You will need very few ingredients for this recipe. Probably you can find them in your pantry. In a medium iron skillet cook garlic and tomatoes in olive oil till you get the sauce like consistency. Then add seasonings, white wine vinegar, raw shrimp and cook until well done.
- Always buy fresh or frozen shrimp from well-managed shrimp farm brands to ensure sustainability. Read more on Choosing Sustainable Shrimp in this Huffington Post article. They have also listed farms that follow rules and regulations to raise shrimps ensuring environmental safety.
- For this recipe remove shells, devein the shrimp and rinse well using cold water. To make this job easy, use this Shrimp Deveiner to peel and clean. Or simply use a sharp knife to give a cut on the back of the shrimp and rinse out the veins.
How is this garlic shrimp healthy?
- Are shrimps good for you? – In addition to protein content, shrimp is an excellent source of selenium and vitamin B12. It also provides a good amount of choline, copper, phosphorus, and iodine. Moreover, shrimp is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Read more in this HuffingtonPost article.
- Are shrimps bad for you? – Shrimps are high in cholesterol. If you are watching your cholesterol levels then you should give a thought before eating them or control portion size accordingly. If you are allergic to seafood then better avoid eating them altogether.
More seafood recipes you will love to try
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments if you REALLY like this recipe. Thank You!
15-Minute Easy Garlic Shrimp In Tomato Sauce
- 20 jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 roma tomatoes finely chopped
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup water optional
- Heat oil in medium iron skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30-40 sec.
- Add tomato and cook for 6-8 min until softens.
- Then add white wine vinegar, shrimp and cook for 4-5 min
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- You also use fresh or frozen salmon instead of shrimp and make Salmon in Tomato Sauce with similar ingredients.