Quick and easy one-pan oven Baked Salmon And Vegetables are perfect for busy weeknights. This colorful one pan meal is nutritious that takes only about 25-30 mins to prepare.
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe for a healthy and nutritious dinner then this fresh salmon and veggie bake will be a perfect fit for you.
I am in love with one pot or one pan dishes.
Simple!! You need not make tons of pots dirty and piled up in your kitchen sink for later to clean up. Cleaning dishes is my least favorite thing to do in the kitchen.
I know no one can escape from it especially, when you love cooking. But one pot wonders helps to minimize the cleanup efforts. Additionally, these are the recipes you can make in less time.
And this one pan oven baked salmon and veggies recipe falls into this category!
How to Cook Salmon and Vegetables in The Oven?
In a small bowl or dish, prepare spice mixture using garlic powder, Italian seasoning mix, paprika, some salt, and pepper. Dice fresh vegetables into 1/2-1″ pieces. In this recipe, I used multicolored peppers, zucchini, and onion. Put all the cut vegetables on the baking sheet and add some amount of prepared spice mix (reserve some for salmon) and olive oil. Then thoroughly mix vegetables to coat the spices and oil evenly. Cook these spiced vegetables halfway in the oven. Take out the pan from the oven and make space for salmon fillets. Rub remaining spice mixture on these fillets and return the pan to oven and cook everything until well done. Detailed ingredients list and step-by-step instructions are given below.
Baked Salmon And Vegetables – Helpful Tips!
- Use organic salmon whenever possible. And always buy seafood like salmons from the sources that practice sustainable farming. It is very important to preserve the natural lives for our Mother Earth. Our individual small steps can make a big difference when each one of us on the Earth decides to take such small steps. Read this Huffington Post Australia’s article on Everything You Should Know About Salmon Farming
- Never ever thaw frozen fish quickly using warm/hot water. It significantly degrades the quality of the fish and makes it hard when cooked. Keep it in room temperature (i.e over the counter) in advance to thaw it naturally. Foolishly, I made this mistake when I first tried this recipe. I am a Food Engineer and still made this mistake. When you are in a hurry you easily forget what you learned not to do.
- You can use a variety of vegetables to make the dish nutrient rich.
- Partially cooking vegetables and then adding salmon fillets helps to bake salmon perfectly without overcooking and helps retain its soft texture. Overcooking the fish makes it hard and chewy.
One Pan Baked Salmon And Vegetables
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Easy Dinner pinboard!
Follow Watch What U Eat on Pinterest (We always pin Yummy recipes)
One Pan Baked Salmon And Vegetables
Salmon and Veggies
- 12-16 oz salmon cut into 4 fillets see notes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red and yellow pepper each
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges or slices
- In a small bowl mix Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut zucchini, peppers, and onion into 1/2" cubes. Place all vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Add half the spice mixture, 1/2 tbsp olive oil (reserve remaining oil and spices for the salmon) and mix thoroughly to coat all the vegetables. Evenly spread the veggies on the baking sheet pan and cook the vegetables in the oven for 10 min.
- Remove the pan and make space for the salmon fillets. Rub remaining spice mixture on the salmon fillets and place them in the gap among the vegetables. Drizzle remaining oil on the salmon.
- Return the pan to oven and cook for 5-8 min or until salmon is well done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
- If you are using frozen salmon then make sure to thaw it at room temperature before using.
- You can serve this dish on the side of pasta or brown rice or quinoa.
- To get a nice brown crust on the salmon and vegetables, turn on broil mode for 2-3 min after baking timer is over.
This page may include affiliate links which help us to deliver free recipes and maintain this blog.