Quick and easy one-pan Oven Baked Salmon And Vegetables are perfect for busy weeknights. This colorful one-pan meal is nutritious and takes about only 25-30 minutes to prepare.
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe for a healthy and nutritious dinner, then this fresh salmon and veggie bake will be a perfect fit for you.
I am in love with one-pot or one-pan dishes.
Simple!! There is to make tons of pots dirty and piled up in your kitchen sink for later to clean up. Cleaning dishes is my least favorite thing to do in the kitchen.
I know no one can escape from it, especially when you love cooking. But one-pot wonders help to minimize the cleanup efforts. Additionally, these are the recipes you can make in less time.
And this one-pan oven-baked salmon and veggies fall into this category!
How to Cook Salmon and Vegetables in The Oven?
In a small bowl or dish, prepare a spice mixture using garlic powder, Italian seasoning mix, paprika, some salt, and pepper. Dice fresh vegetables into ½-1″ pieces. In this recipe, I used multicolored peppers, zucchini, and onion. Put all the cut vegetables on the baking sheet and add some prepared spice mix (reserve some for salmon) and olive oil. Then thoroughly mix vegetables to coat the spices and oil evenly. Cook these spiced vegetables halfway in the oven.
Take out the pan from the oven and make space for salmon fillets. Rub the remaining spice mixture on these fillets, return the pan to the oven, and cook everything until well done. Detailed ingredients list and step-by-step instructions are given below.
You can pair this salmon and veggies with homemade sweet potato gnocchi, cilantro lime brown rice, or quinoa for a complete meal.
- Use organic salmon whenever possible. And always buy seafood like salmons from sources that practice sustainable farming. It is very important to preserve the natural lives of Mother Earth. Our individual small steps can make a big difference when each of us on the Earth decides to take such small steps. Read this Huffington Post Australia’s article on Everything You Should Know About Salmon Farming.
- Never thaw frozen fish quickly using warm/hot water. It significantly degrades the quality of the fish and makes it hard when cooked. Keep it at room temperature (i.e., over the counter) well in advance to thaw it naturally. Foolishly, I made this mistake when I first tried this recipe. I am a Food Engineer and still made this mistake. When you are in a hurry, you easily forget what you learned not to do.
- You can use a variety of vegetables to make the dish nutrient-rich.
- Partially cooking vegetables and then adding salmon fillets helps to bake salmon perfectly without overcooking and helps retain its soft texture. Overcooking the fish makes it hard and chewy.
You will also love these one-pan recipes
One Pan Baked Salmon And Vegetables
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Easy Dinner pinboard!
Follow Watch What U Eat on Pinterest (We always pin Yummy recipes)
One Pan Baked Salmon And Vegetables
Salmon and Veggies
- 12-16 oz salmon cut into 4 fillets see notes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red and yellow pepper each
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges or slices
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl mix Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut zucchini, peppers, and onion into ½″ cubes. Place all vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Add half the spice mixture, ½ tablespoon olive oil (reserve remaining oil and spices for the salmon) and mix thoroughly to coat all the vegetables. Evenly spread the veggies on the baking sheet pan and cook the vegetables in the oven for 10 min.
- Remove the pan and make space for the salmon fillets. Rub remaining spice mixture on the salmon fillets and place them in the gap among the vegetables. Drizzle remaining oil on the salmon.
- Return the pan to oven and cook for 5-8 min or until salmon is well done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
- If you are using frozen salmon then make sure to thaw it at room temperature before using.
- You can serve this dish on the side of pasta or brown rice or quinoa.
- To get a nice brown crust on the salmon and vegetables, turn on broil mode for 2-3 min after baking timer is over.
Absolutely delicious! A quick fun to prepare healthy meal that could be served in a fine dining restaurant. The pictures that you showed on the website make it very inviting-so colorful and one can almost taste the delicate salmon thanks!!!!
Margaret-Anne Green says
Wonderful recipe! Love it.
Delicious and super easy! Will definitely do it again.
I added some artichoke which matched well. We topped the dish with a bit of made pesto directly in our plates.
I love easy recipes that don’t take long to prepare and cook as I never have enough time. This is a winner and I’ll definitely will be making this one very soon. Thanks for sharing.!
LaRena Fry says
Love salmon! What a healthy and delicious recipe!
Rachael Hope says
This looks absolutely delicious and so simple too. The pictures are really helpful and the instructions are easy to follow 🙂 thanks for sharing.