This black bean quinoa burger is perfect for any meatless meal. It is prepared using all healthy ingredients like fresh peppers, black beans, quinoa, etc. It is really filling and makes you feel full for longer.
I can confess that I always love burgers eating outside at places that are run by family businesses. They serve freshly prepared patties. The scariest part of eating at McDonald’s or Burger King like fast-food chains is that their burger patties are processed and are loaded with tons of preservatives.
Making homemade burger patties is super simple. I never knew it until I started making them at home a couple of years ago.
The taste and flavor of a homemade veggie burger is really satisfying. If you have leftover cooked quinoa then this veggie burger will take no more than 20 min to prepare. Try it yourself to believe me. You can also serve this delicious veggie burger with this homemade oven-baked sweet potato fries on the side.
This black bean quinoa burger is …
- full with flavors
- done under 30 min
Give it a try and you would want to prepare it again and again!
How is this black bean quinoa burger healthy?
This black bean quinoa burger is healthy because
- it is prepared using fresh peppers and therefore contains nutrition from them
- it contains black beans. Black beans are a good source of plant-based proteins
- it contains quinoa. Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains and is considered a super grain
- it contains avocado which is again a superfood and source of healthy fats
Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used whole wheat bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg white (optional if vegan)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roasted red pepper (divide into 6 part)
- leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato thickly sliced
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese (optional for vegan or if want to go cheese free)
- In a small saucepan, add quinoa, water and bring mixture to boil. Add salt to taste and simmer on low heat for 20 min. with lid on. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining patty base
- In a medium mixing bowl pour black beans. Using fork or back of wooden spatula mash beans. Do not make a complete paste but leave some partially broken pieces
- To the mashed beans, add finely diced green pepper, 1/4 cup diced onion, bread crumbs, cooked quinoa, egg white, paprika, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients. Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and then form into patties
- Heat the skillet on medium heat and add oil to coat the pan. Cook prepared patties for 3-4 min on each side
- In a small mixing bowl add avocado pulp, finely chopped onion, salt and pepper according to taste. Mash avocado using fork or small beater to combine well.
- Now assemble the burger. On one side of burger roll place some lettuce leaves, cooked patty, spread some cheese, 1 thick slice of tomato, roasted red pepper. Finally top with avocado sauce and serve with your choice of fries as a side. Enjoy your freshly prepared black bean veggie burger
- I didn't use cheese on my burger, and it tasted delicious
- You can also use whole grain based burger buns instead of kaiser rolls
Tools & Equipments
Disclaimer: This page includes affiliate links which help make this blog possible. Thank you for your support.
You may also like some more healthy side and burger options: