Oatmeal pudding prepared using fresh fruits like strawberries and bananas with healthiest grains like steel-cut oats are perfect to kickstart any morning.
Who on the earth will deny a dessert-like looking breakfast in the morning? I am sure…. no one… Then you will love this oatmeal pudding.
I guess making morning breakfast is a great challenge for everyone, even if you know a ton of recipes. This happens to me a lot of times. I always wonder what I would prepare for breakfast. And criteria, it should be easy, healthy, quick to prepare, and most importantly tasty, etc. etc… Too many expectations from the morning breakfast, isn’t it. Does it happen to you?
Thanks to this blog. It encourages me to be creative and try out something new most of the time. And this time, the result is this delicious oatmeal pudding that I wanted to share with you. You will also enjoy this breakfast pudding…it is
- simple to prepare
- like a dessert
How is this oatmeal pudding healthy?
- I make it using steel-cut oats. Steel-cut oats are healthy whole grains that are rich in dietary fibers and proteins.
- It is paired with fresh fruits like strawberries and bananas. Therefore, it is nutritious.
- It is naturally sweetened.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- Mung Bean Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
- Italian Veggie Sandwich Recipe
- Blueberry Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- All Breakfast Recipes
Steel-cut Oatmeal Pudding With Strawberries
- ½ cup quick cook steel-cut oats
- 2 cup skim milk (almond milk if vegan)
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup strawberries sliced
- 2 perfectly ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoon honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings (optional to garnish)
- Bring milk to a boil in a small pan on medium heat. Add quick cook steel-cut oats, cinnamon and mix well. Simmer the mixture on low heat for 5-7 mins*. Towards the end of cooking, add honey; combine well and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add strawberries and cook on a medium heat for about 3-4 min or until sauce like consistency
- Now, in a serving bowl add half of the cooked oatmeal pudding. Then add a layer of strawberry sauce. Finally, top with sliced banana. Optionally, garnish with chocolate shavings.
- *Look for cook time on package