Mung bean oatmeal protein pancakes are a great option for breakfasts that keep you full longer. These pancakes are packed with dietary fibers and healthy proteins.
Why I call them oatmeal protein pancakes? Because the batter for these pancakes is prepared using split mung beans. And, mung beans are a very good source of plant based protein. It is a great option for those who are vegan or vegetarian and are looking for options to meet their daily protein requirement. I have also prepared a yogurt dressing to go with these pancakes. However, you can use your choice of hummus or dip if you want to go dairy free. If you are an Indian, you will also love them with Indian pickles. These days it is into our frequently made recipe list.
How these mung bean oatmeal protein pancakes are healthy?
These oatmeal protein pancakes are healthy because
- these are prepared using split mung beans. Mung beans are packed with proteins, fibers, and nutrients.
- oats are rich in phosphorus, manganese, and molybdenum. And it is also a good source protein and fibers.
- it does not contain egg and thus low in cholesterol.
- it does not contain added saturated fat like butter.
Mung Bean Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
Mung bean oatmeal protein pancakes - packed with dietary fibers, healthy proteins and essential nutrients. Also gluten free and dairy free
- 1 cup split mung beans
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt substitute with 1 tbsp lime juice if vegan
- 1 jalapeño seeded
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil
- FOR SERVING (Optional if vegan)
- 1 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 avocado sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, add split mung beans, rolled oats and hot water. Mix well and let it soak for 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare the greek yogurt dressing. In a small bowl mix greek yogurt with chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a blender add soaked mixture, yogurt or lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and blend the mixture to get a smooth pancake like consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl. Add scallions, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- Heat non stick pan or cast iron pan on a medium heat. Lightly spread 1/4th cup of batter on the pan. Cook the pancakes on both the sides for 2-3 min or until it turns golden brown. Serve warm with prepared yogurt dressing.
- If you are a vegan or want to go dairy free, use hummus or a dip of your choice instead of the yogurt dressing.
- You can also use whole green mung beans instead of split ones. But, then you have to soak it for at last 2 hours.
PRODUCT AND EQUIPMENTS I USE
- Avocado oil– It is a healthy cooking oil. I use it in my recipes most of the time.
- In this recipe, I used this type of split mung beans
- Cast iron pan or Non-stick pan– Usually I use cast iron pan for making pancakes.
Disclaimer: This page includes affiliate links which help make this blog possible. Thank you for your support.
You will also love these pancake recipes