This lightened recipe for mango lassi is so easy to prepare and perfect to enjoy seasonal fresh mangoes. Do you love mangoes? Then definitely you will love this healthy mango drink
Do you know what lassi is? Have you ever tried mango lassi in Indian restaurants?
It is an Indian mango drink made by combining yogurt and mango puree. It is a very popular drink. During the summer months, it is very common in Indian households. Because it helps to cool down and beat the strong heat while providing energy.
In the US, I have never found any Indian restaurant till date that doesn’t have mango lassi on their menu.
Beware, if you are watching your diet this creamy dreamy drink may not be healthy for you.
Usually, lassi is made by using full-fat yogurt and whole milk. Therefore, I tried to lighten it up using low-fat versions which I am going to share with you. And, this recipe for mango lassi will help you to make it at home to enjoy a guilt-free drink.
How is this mango lassi healthy?
- This creamy mango drink is prepared using low fat plain greek yogurt and skim milk. Therefore, it is relatively low in fat compared to its traditional counterpart.
- It contains nutrients from mangoes. It is prepared using mango puree or fresh seasonal mangoes.
- Also, it is high in calcium and protein.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments if you REALLY like this recipe. Thank You!
Restaurant Style Healthy Mango Lassi
- In a mixing bowl or a wide pitcher add yogurt, mango puree, agave, saffron, cardamom powder and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Adjust sweetener according to your taste. Serve cold to enjoy this creamy healthy mango drink.
- You can add more mango puree if you want strong mango flavor.
- If you are using fresh mangoes to make puree, make sure the mangoes are fiber free otherwise strain the pulp before adding into the lassi.
- Some canned mango puree contains added sugar. Adjust sweetener in this recipe according to your taste.
- If you want to enjoy a traditional rich creamy mango lassi, go for whole milk and full fat greek yogurt instead of the low fat versions.