Refreshing Mango Lemonade! Make this delicious and amazing drink to hydrate this summer. Prepared using mango pulp, zesty lemon, and honey.
Do you love mangoes?
If it is your favorite fruit then I am sure you must be loving everything about the king of fruits. Right?
I am simply in love with the mango flavor. Whenever I have to choose flavors for ice cream or frozen yogurt or drink I always go for the mango flavored one, if available. And, I love mango to the extent that I ended up working in the mango processing industry a few years back. Just kidding. However, it’s true that I did work in the Food Industry (as a Food Process Engineer) that processes mangoes as well.
Let’s get back to our recipe before I start diving into mango processing techniques which I am sure you will not be interested in. And, for me, it’s a never ending topic (ask Tushar!).
Mango Lemonade Recipe!
You will need mango pulp, lemon juice, honey, chilled water and ice for this recipe. Just combine everything in a large pitcher or glass jar. Chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice. You can also use fresh mint leaves for extra freshness.
You can also use sugar syrup instead of honey. However, making sugar syrup involves an extra step and takes more time. Therefore, I love using honey or agave that help to make drinks like lemonade in no time.
Time Saving Electric Lemon Juicer:
For making lemonade I always use fresh lemon juice. Before buying this small budget electric citrus juicer, I used to squeeze lemons by hand or using the fork technique. With this small kitchen gadget, my life has become a lot easier. Now I can make 1 cup of fresh lemon or lime juice in less than 5 mins. And orange juice too.
Healthy Mango Lemonade – Helpful Tips
- Lemons – always purchase thin-skinned lemons as they contain more juice compared to thick-skinned ones
- Purchase organic lemons when you want to use lemon zest. Because fruit peels contain the most pesticides
- To get most of the juice out from the lemons, heat them in a microwave for about 1 min. Then before cutting, rub them on a flat surface (like your kitchen counter or cutting board) to break the cells and release juice easily.
Mango Lemonade – Health Benefits
Making fresh drinks at home is always beneficial than purchasing packaged drinks that contain tons of chemicals and sugar.
According to WHFoods, Lemon has several health benefits. It contains flavonoids that have anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. Additionally, lemons are beneficial in digestion and are a rich source of vitamin C. Which is again antioxidant in nature.
Mango contains a significant amount of folate, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It is also a natural source of fibers like other fruits. You can find more info on mango here.
Honey is a natural sweetener and is much better than white sugar.
SOME OTHER FABULOUS SUMMER DRINKS YOU WILL LOVE
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Peach Lemonade
- Ice Strawberry Slush
- Pineapple Strawberry Sangria
- Pineapple Mojito
Refreshing Homemade Mango Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice (from 5-6 medium lemons)
- 1 cup mango pulp (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup honey (or sugar syrup)
- 5 cup chilled water
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- ice for serving
- 1 lemon sliced (optional for garnishing)
- In a large glass pitcher or glass jar combine lemon juice, mango pulp, and honey. Mix well until the honey dissolves.
- Then add chilled water, fresh mint leaves, and refrigerate.
- Add few ice cubes in a serving jar. Pour chilled lemonade and garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
- Adjust sweetener according to your taste.
- Add more mango pulp if you want a strong mango flavor and a deep yellow color
This page includes affiliate links which help make this blog possible.
I love the glasses and jug. Where did you get them from?
Watch What U Eat says
Those are pretty. I got them from India a few years back.
Can we leave out the mint leaves?
Watch What U Eat says
Yes, you can skip the mint leaves.
Looks and sounds delicious but reading the story before the recipe, you said to microwave the lemons 1st to get the most juice out for 1 minute??? Is that correct? I would think they would explode if they are in the microwave for that amount of time? Please reply back.
Swati and Tushar says
Yes, you can microwave them together for 1 min. They won’t explode. I never experienced any problem microwaving lemons.
Kit Graham says
What a fun twist on lemonade!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
What a great recipe! I love mangos and this sounds so refreshing. My dad taught me your tip about lemons/oranges with thin skin! Wise!
Amy Bishop says
Mangoes are my favourite and this looks incredible! Can’t wait to give it a try!
Casey the College Celiac says
Mango sounds like such a delicious spin on the traditional lemonade! Perfect for summer for sure!
Thrifty Ellie says
Haven’t tried mango and lemon combination before. Looks delicious and refreshing! Will definitely try as soon as I can get some ripe mangoes. Thanks for the recipe!
Elena Zahir says
Oh wow your amazing food photography just gave me the worst cravings. I need a mango lemonade right now haha! Thanks for sharing this recipe, it sounds (and looks!) amazing. I’ll definitely try it out on a hot summer day!