Quick and easy no bake energy balls are perfect for healthy snacks. These are packed with nutrients and are naturally sweetened. It does not contain added white sugar
When it comes to making snack items, energy balls/bites/bars are one of my favorite options to try. Because you can make them in bulk and eat whenever you feel hungry. Most importantly these are very easy to prepare and can be packed with a ton of essential nutrients. You can get really creative here and make a variety of items such as peanut energy bites, chocolate energy bars to name a few.
I love making recipes that don’t involve too many steps–I always end up of creating a big mess for me to cleanup later on. Which is why I really enjoyed making these no-bake energy balls. Moreover, these little nutritious bombs are perfect to keep you fueled during busy days. Especially, these are a savior in the summer time when you are involved in lots of summer activities.
I prepare a whole bunch of these balls and refrigerate them. And, whenever I feel drained and need to replenish myself, I just go grab one of these–it’s so easy. That’s what Tushar does as well when he comes home from the office. He takes a couple of these energy bites with his evening tea.
No-bake coconut energy bites
You can make these energy bites in less than 30 mins. You need very few ingredients to prepare these coconut energy balls. Just combine pitted dates, coconut flakes, some cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder and almond butter in a food processor. Pulse until well combined and form into small balls. Refrigerate in an airtight container. You can also coat them with some finely chopped mixed nut mixture for extra crunch. Step-by-step instructions are given below.
I am sure you will also love these as much as we do. Because these are …
How are these no bake energy balls healthy?
These energy balls are prepared using nutrient-rich ingredients
- dates – provides natural sugar, dietary potassium, and fibers
- almond butter – is a powerhouse of vitamin E, fiber, and magnesium. It contains a good amount of monounsaturated fat, iron, calcium, manganese and potassium. It is a perfect alternative to peanut butter for those who have peanut allergies. Moreover, it significantly richer in nutrients compared to peanut butter. 
- Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters (Chocolate flavor) – these are prepared using plant-based protein and contain probiotics and pre-biotic fiber. Also, it is naturally sweetened with Monk fruit.
No Bake Energy Balls Recipe
No bake coconut and dates energy balls
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3-4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup finely crushed mixed nut*
In a food processor combine coconut flakes, almond butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, and pitted dates. Pulse until well combined and the dates break into fine pieces.
- Roughly take 1 tbsp mixture and form into a small round shape. Repeat the same with remaining mixture.
- Coat these energy balls with finely crushed mixed nuts.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- *To prepare the mixed nut mixture, I used cashew nuts and hazelnuts. You can use your favorite nuts and pulse them in a food processor. Do not make it into a fine powder.
- Add more dates if you need your energy bites to be sweeter.
Save $3 on Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters with this COUPON!! They come in different flavors – Chocolate, Vanilla, Chai, and Plain
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Thank you for supporting brands that help make WWUE possible!!