These mini chocolate peanut energy bites are perfect party and holiday sweets. These are naturally sweetened and contain a host of healthy ingredients that are rich in fiber and protein. The no baked version helps save some time too. Chia seeds, flax seeds, oats and dates makes these energy balls nutritionally enriched.
If all the ingredients (see below) are handy then these baby bites are very easy and quick to prepare. It takes only half an hour to make them.
How this chocolate peanut energy bites are healthy?
These mini balls are:
- very low in fat content
- naturally sweetened and contain no refined sugar
- high in fibre, protein and manganese content
- free from refined grain flour
Chocolate Peanut Energy Bites
No Bake Naturally Sweetened Chocolate Peanut Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup oats
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oats, chia seeds and flax seeds and roast it for about 2-3 min or until fragrant. This step is optional if you prefer the flavor of raw oats. Coarsely grind the roasted oats, seeds and peanuts. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl
- Heat honey on medium heat. Add cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Turn off the heat and add vanilla extract.
- Finely chop dates using a food processor or blender
- Add the honey mixture and chopped dates to the coarsely ground peanut oats mixture. Using a spatula, mix the mixture well and let it cool for about 5 min
- Take small amounts of the mixture at a time and roll them into balls. I used a tablespoon to measure the mixture and to get even sized energy bites
You may also like