These almond chocolate truffles are amazingly delicious and tempting. The best part is, these are healthy with no added white sugar or dairy butter or cream. You can enjoy them guilt-free whenever you crave for chocolate.
I am a big fan of nut-based butter, almond butter being the most favorite of mine. After finishing the photoshoot for this homemade nut milk and nut butter recipe article, I had tons of leftover almond butter. So I decided to turn left-over almond butter into these chocolate truffles.
When I made them the first time for our get-together with friends, it became an instant hit! To my pleasant surprise, these truffles turned out to be the party-pleaser. Moreover, no one noticed that these truffles were prepared using all healthy goodness until after I disclosed the ingredients. I came back home feeling elated 🙂
Now, let’s get started on preparing these lovely little balls!
How to make almond chocolate truffles
The best part is that making these almond truffles is really easy and will take only 15-20 minutes to prepare. In a food processor combine soft dates with almond butter and chocolate chunks and pulse until they are mixed well. Then take a small portion of the mixture and form into a round ball. Refrigerate to set.
That’s it! Doesn’t it sound so simple and quick?
These almond dates truffles will also be a great gift idea to a health-conscious foodie.
Helpful tips for making perfect almond chocolate truffles!
- Use medjool dates for making the truffles. Medjool dates are very soft and mix well with other ingredients. If you do not find medjool dates feel free to use other types of dates. If these dates are hard, soak them in warm water until they soften, discard water and then use.
- You can use store-bought or homemade almond butter in this recipe. I prefer making fresh almond butter at home either using a blender or my new NutraMilk machine.
- Use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chunks as per your liking.
Healthy Homemade Almond Chocolate Truffles
These almond chocolate truffles are amazingly nutritious, delicious & tempting. The best part is, these are healthy with no added white sugar or dairy butter or cream.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 10 medjool dates pitted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks use dairy-free chocolate for vegan option
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- Add dates, almond butter, and chocolate chips or chunks to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until everything combines well. The mixture should end up soft and fine without any large chunks of dates.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture, insert one macadamia nut and then roll into small round balls.
- Roll these dates truffles into dry cocoa powder and refrigerate to set. Store them in an air-tight container.
- You can also coat these truffles with melted chocolate.
Smart Points - 4
You will also love these guilt-free desserts