This rich yet healthy chocolate oatmeal banana bread is a delicious combination of banana and chocolate. Moreover, it is free from refined sugar and prepared using oatmeal and whole wheat flour.
If you happen to visit my kitchen, banana is one fruit that you will always find hanging around. It’s sort of compulsory to bring them home from our weekly visit to the grocery store. We both absolutely love bananas. Particularly because they are so versatile. You can enjoy them as is, add them to a smoothie, make a loaf of bread or pancakes out of them, etc etc.
Given my love for bananas, this chocolate oatmeal banana bread recipe is one of my recent additions to my banana-obsessed recipes.
How to make Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Bread?
Making this delicious as well as healthy banana bread is no rocket science, trust me! Simply combine dry ingredients like oats flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and a little salt in a mixing bowl. In another large mixing bowl whisk egg whites with agave, almond butter, oil, mashed bananas and some vanilla. Then add the flour mixture and gently mix. Transfer the batter to a bread loaf pan and bake it to perfection in a preheated oven. Detailed ingredients list and instructions are given below.
A slice of this banana bread with a glass of milk will give you the feeling of having dessert for breakfast. Of course, you can serve it as a dessert with a dollop of whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream!
- Use organic bananas whenever possible.
- For more flavorful results use overripe bananas. They are easy to mash.
- You can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips as per your choice in this recipe.
Tips on reheating leftover oatmeal banana bread
I’m sure no one can finish the whole loaf in one sitting. I have discovered a way to make it look and taste so fresh the next day. Put a slice of bread on a small flat plate and then heat it in the microwave. Then spread around a tablespoon of milk or cream (or cashew cream) over the bread slice. Serve warm. This way this chocolate banana bread tastes so fresh, super moist, and delicious as if it just came out of the oven!
This banana bread is prepared using a blend of oats flour and whole wheat flour. Whole grain flours are high in fiber compared to all-purpose flour.
Agave is a natural sweetener and is better than crystalline white sugar. Read more here.
You will also love these guilt-free desserts
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 bananas riped
- ¾ cup agave
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 cup oats flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chunks plus more for toppings
- Preheat oven at 350F. Spray the bread loaf pan with oil and keep it aside
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Keep it aside
- In another large mixing bowl mash ripe bananas using the back of a fork or spatula
- Add egg whites, agave, almond butter, oil, vanilla, and whisk until well combined
- Then gently fold and mix dry ingredients including chocolate chunks into the banana mixture
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan. Spread some chocolate chunks on the top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 55-60 min or until the toothpick insert comes out clean
- Slice and serve warm
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder mixture to break lumps if any
- After baking remove the loaf from the pan and place it on a metal rack to cool down a bit before serving
Fashion & Invites says
This looks amazingly delicious. So nice to know you don’t have to sacrifice delicious taste for health – you can have both. I look forward to trying the recipe
Jen | My Healthy Homemade Life says
this looks delicious! I love the addition of bananas!
This looks so good and I think it would be something my kids would love too! Pinning this! Sierra
So glad that I’ve found this website. I love how you put the recipe out. Very well-presented. Also kudos for the great choice of recipe. My two favorite food in the world in one. Extra nice post!
Katie Halsall says
This looks delicious, and easy to make too! Will definitely have to try this recipe soon.
I love the combinatiôn of chocolate and banana!! Thats a great recipe will noted it and try it soon!!