These crostini appetizers with a variety of colorful toppings are perfect for social party nights. Very easy to prepare with full of flavors.
Are you looking for quick’n easy options to prepare appetizers for large gatherings? Then look no further. This crostini platter or crostini recipes will be your perfect solution.
What is crostini?
If you have never heard it before, crostini is an Italian appetizer. Crostini in Italian means ‘little toast’. Small pieces of grilled or toasted bread served with savory toppings such as cheese, shrimp, pesto etc.
When making a crostini platter, there are several options at your disposal. In this post, I share with you four such ways per my liking. Instead of preparing them beforehand, I prefer to keep the crostini and the toppings separately. This way the crostini won’t get soggy and the guests can choose their favorite toppings however way they prefer.
Also, with all the vibrant colors, the platter looks really elegant and inviting on the dining table. I love this idea so much that I am seriously thinking of adding this to my Thanksgiving appetizer menu this year.
How to make crostini from Crusty French Rolls?
Preparing crostini from bread rolls or baguettes is super easy. Just cut thin slices of the roll using a bread knife at an angle. You can also buy precut small slices of bread from grocery stores if you are pressed for time.
I found Pepperidge Farm Stone Baked Artisan Rolls perfect for making crostini at home. I love them because these French rolls are
- Free from artificial preservatives
- Hand-scored or handcrafted
- Crispy outside, soft inside
- Baked on traditional baking stones
Moreover, these rolls really give an experience of freshly baked bread after reheating. These rolls are pre-baked and frozen and require approx. 8-10 min of reheating.
Toppings for crostini appetizers
As I mentioned above, today I will share with you 4 ways to top the crostini. You will need very simple ingredients for the toppings such as sliced grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, mashed avocado, cooked shrimp, sundried tomato, feta cheese cubes, diced cucumber, salt, and pepper. Simply arrange these ingredients on a wooden board along with the bread slices surrounding the toppings. Our absolute favorite combinations of toppings from this crostini platter are:
- tomato and mozzarella cheese with a drizzle of garlic olive oil
- sundried tomato and pesto with mozzarella cheese
- shrimp and avocado with salt and pepper
- feta cheese and cucumber with a drizzle of garlic olive oil
These combinations of flavors really go well together. What is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section. We would love to know!
4 Way Party Perfect Crostini Appetizers
- 8 Pepperidge Farm Stone Baked Artisan Rolls French or multigrain
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil mix with 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1//4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/3 cup cooked shrimps
- salt and pepper
Tomato mozzarella cheese crostini
- Place tomato slices and mozzarella cheese on the bread evenly.
- Drizzle some garlic olive oil on the top.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil
Sundried tomato and pesto crostini
- Spread some green pesto on the bread slice.
- Add sundried tomatoes and mozzarella slices.
Feta cheese and cucumber crostini
- Spread finely diced cucumber and feta cheese on the bread
- Drizzle some garlic olive oil
Shrimp and avocado crostini
- Spread some mashed avocado on the bread toast
- Then place a few cooked shrimp pieces
- Top with pinch of salt and pepper to taste
You can also use multigrain rolls to make crostinis. You can also use presliced baguettes from the grocery store if don't have time to slice the rolls at home.
Watch Video Here ⇓