These artichoke spinach pinwheels are definitely going to make your guests raving for more. Super easy, packed with nutritious ingredients and tasty pinwheels are perfect appetizers for the holiday season.
This premade croissant dough makes it even more simpler.
I never had these pinwheels until recently when I happen to attend a housewarming party for one of my friends. They served a spinach based pinwheel and I absolutely loved it instantly. It was so delicious that I knew I had to try this at home.
However, I gave these pinwheels a twist of my own by adding a variety of other ingredients that I love. When it comes to making pinwheels you can add whatever ingredients you like. I prefer veggies but you can add your favorite choice of meat too. I found them to be a perfect addition to a party/gathering menu when it comes to choosing what appetizers to serve.
These don’t take much prep time and with a pre-made organic croissant dough such as the one by Immaculate Baking, the process of making these pinwheels cannot be much simpler. For this recipe, I used one of their pre-made croissant dough. Particularly because they do not add any artificial preservatives and chemicals, and which is why I would recommend using it when you do not have time to make the dough at home. For more details on different certified organic and gluten-free products from Immaculate Baking visit immaculatebaking.com
Artichoke Spinach Pinwheels!
This is a super quick’n easy recipe. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese with finely chopped spinach, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Then roll dough into a thin rectangular sheet. Evenly spread the prepared spinach mixture. Roll up the dough sheet to form swirls of ricotta cheese and spinach mixture. Slice the roll into roughly 1/2″ slices to form pinwheels. Bake these pinwheels until well done in a preheated oven.
You can arrange these artichoke spinach pinwheels into a Christmas tree shape before baking. And you would have a perfect pull-apart appetizer for the Christmas party!
Quick And Easy Artichoke Spinach Pinwheels Christmas Tree
- 8 oz croissant dough or pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 2 medium artichoke hearts finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes optional
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add spinach, red pepper, artichoke hearts, ricotta cheese, minced garlic, salt, chili flakes, and pepper. Mix well to combine
- Roll the dough into about 12" x 8" thin rectangular sheet
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly on the dough sheet.
- Then roll up the sheet to form swirls of the ricotta-spinach mixture.
- Carefully cut the roll into 1/2"-3/4" slices. Arrange these slices on the lined baking sheet into a Christmas tree shape
Bake for about 20 minutes or until well done
- Sprinkle some finely grated parmesan cheese and serve warm
- You can also use homemade pizza dough instead of pre-made croissant dough. However, note the baking time may vary.
Watch Video Here ⇓
Thank you, Immaculate Baking for partnering with us to make these party appetizers using their Organic Croissant Dough. Use this COUPON to save some $$ when you purchase Organic Immaculate Baking products.