These shredded and sauteed brussels sprouts are super with garlic, and parmesan are quick and easy to prepare in no time. A healthy side you can include in your party or holiday dinner menu. It is so addictive.
Recipe Inspiration / Background
Are you looking for a quick recipe that you can make as a side?
Then you’ve landed in the right place. These one-skillet shredded and sauteed brussels sprouts take only 10-15 min to prepare. And, this includes the prep time…amazing, ain’t it? Moreover, a blend of garlic and parmesan flavors in this dish is so inviting that you will start loving brussels sprouts if you are not a fan of them yet.
NO! I am not exaggerating at all. I am sure you will love all the flavors in it. Make it yourself to believe me. And do let us know; I would love your feedback.
How to Shred Brussels Sprouts?
Choose fresh and firm brussels sprouts. Partially remove the top dirty and exposed layers and then thoroughly rinse using water. For this recipe, cut brussels in half and then thinly slice using a sharp knife. I use my amazing Breville Sous Chef Food Processor for this job. Using the slicer attachment, it only takes 1-2 min to thinly slice 1 lb. of whole brussels sprouts. After slicing, the layers start separating out, and it turns into shredded brussels sprouts.
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Garlic?
Simply stir fry shredded brussels sprouts with garlic and oil in a large iron skillet or a non-stick skillet for a few minutes. Then add a mixture of grated parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 mins with continuous stirring. It’s that easy!
- You can serve these shredded brussels sprouts on the side of healthy eggplant parmesan or pasta dishes like this sweet potato gnocchi.
- Garnish the dish with dried cranberries, crushed walnuts, or pecans, and it will be perfect for serving on the holiday dinner table. You can pair it with whole roast turkey or whole roast chicken, wild rice salad, cranberry sangria, etc.
- Use finely grated parmesan cheese that looks like fine sand. It mixes easily and evenly with the shredded brussels sprouts.
- This dish is also perfect for including in the Thanksgiving menu plan. Garnish it with some dried cranberries and chopped almonds, and it will be a perfect side to the Thanksgiving Turkey on the table.
More Quick And Easy Recipes
- Healthy Garlic Green Beans Recipe
- Quick And Easy Garlic Zucchini Rice
- Healthy Garlic Kale Pasta
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
Super-quick Sautéed Brussels Sprouts With Garlic & Parmesan
- 1 lb brussels sprouts (see helpful notes section above) thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoon bread crumbs
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In small mixing bowl combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30-40 sec.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts. Cook for 3-4 mins. or until the quantity reduces.
- Then add parmesan mixture and sauté for another 2-3 min.
- Optionally, garnish with some more parmesan cheese and dried cranberries.
- Don’t miss the helpful tips section above for making this recipe.
- Your preparation time will increase a bit if you cut brussels sprouts using a knife.
Esther Hosea says
There are hardly any foods that I don’t like, but Brussels sprouts is one I haven’t been able to enjoy yet. I really want to like them. I will try this recipe. It may be the key. 🙂
Mmm this looks SOO GOOD! I am such a sucker for brussel sprouts. Can’t wait to be trying your recipe out. 🙂
xo, Chloe // https://funinthecloset.com/off-shoulders-fall/
OH YUM! I love brussels… the addition of parm is ????