These shredded and sautéed brussels sprouts are super quick and easy to prepare in no time. A healthy side you can include in your party or holiday dinner menu. It is so addictive.
Are you looking for a quick recipe that you can make it as a side?
Then you’ve landed in the right place. These one-skillet sautéed brussels sprouts take only 10-15 min to prepare. And, this includes the prep time…amazing ain’t it? Moreover, a blend of garlic and parmesan flavors in this dish is so inviting that you will start loving brussels sprouts if you are not a fan of it yet.
NO! I am not exaggerating at all. I am sure you will love all the flavors in it. Make it yourself to believe me. And do let us know, I would love your feedback.
How to Make Sautéed Brussels Sprouts?
Simply stir fry shredded brussels sprouts with some garlic and oil in a large iron skillet or a non-stick skillet for few minutes. Then add a mixture of grated parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minute with continuous sauteing.
- Choose fresh and firm brussels sprouts. Partially remove the top dirty and exposed layers and then thoroughly rinse using water. For this recipe cut brussels in half and then thinly slice using a knife. I use my amazing Breville Sous Chef Food Processor for this job. Using the slicer attachment, it only takes 1-2 minute to thinly slice 1 lb. of whole brussels sprouts. After slicing, the layers start separating out and it looks like shredded brussels.
- Use finely grated parmesan cheese that looks like fine sand. It mixes easily and evenly with the shredded brussels sprouts.
- This dish is also perfect to include in the Thanksgiving menu plan. Garnish it with some dried cranberries and chopped almonds and it will be a perfect side to the Thanksgiving Turkey on the table.
Super-quick Sautéed Brussels Sprouts With Garlic & Parmesan
- 1 lb brussels sprouts thinly sliced (see helpful notes section above)
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In small mixing bowl combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30-40 sec.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts. Cook for 3-4 mins. or until the quantity reduces.
- Then add parmesan mixture and sauté for another 2-3 min.
- Optionally, garnish with some more parmesan cheese and dried cranberries.
- Don't miss the helpful tips section above for making this recipe.
- Your preparation time will increase a bit if you cut brussels sprouts using a knife.