This easiest one-pan sweet potato gnocchi with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes is perfect for weeknight dinners. Homemade gnocchi tossed in with fresh spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
This recipe is in continuation of my last recipe post, which was about making sweet potato gnocchi at home. However, if you are not a fan of sweet potatoes, feel free to use traditional potato gnocchi instead.
Tushar is a big fan of sun-dried tomatoes. He is crazy about it. And if he gets his hands on them, he can add them to literally any dish you can think of (crazy, right??). I can imagine his love for sun-dried tomatoes as I enjoy them too (:D). So don’t be surprised if you find a ton of recipes using sun-dried tomatoes in the blog archive with time. It’s just our way of showing love for them. Without further adieu, let’s get to the recipe.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Spinach
If you already have gnocchi prepared, then it’s just a matter of 15-20 min to make this dish. Just fry some garlic in olive oil and toss in cooked gnocchi in a nonstick pan. Stir-fry for a few mins. until they get a golden-brown crust. Then add a generous amount of baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and some Parmesan cheese. Saute further for a couple of minutes or until the spinach wilt down.
- You can use homemade or store-bought traditional gnocchi instead of ones prepared using sweet potatoes.
- Omit Parmesan cheese or use vegan Parmesan if you are following a vegan diet.
- For added protein, you can also toss in grilled or cooked chicken breast pieces.
Easy Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Spinach
- 4 cup gnocchi homemade or store bought
- 6 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes drained and sliced
- 2 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 quart water
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Cook gnocchi in boiling water for a 3-5 minute or until they float on the surface. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 30-40 sec or until fragrant
- Toss in cooked gnocchi and saute for 4-5 mins. or until they get to a golden brown crust on the surface.
- Then add baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Saute further for 2-3 min.
- Serve warm.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on our Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.