These easy overnight oats are perfect for hectic mornings and do not involve any cooking. A healthy, filling, and delicious breakfast to kick-start your mornings.
I was always hesitant in making overnight oats as we do not cook them in these types of recipes. This means oats would be raw, and I was a bit reluctant to try out the raw oats. But then I discovered oven-toasted oats in Trader’s Joe which I liked, and I did not feel any of its raw flavor at all. Therefore, I decided to give them a try. No wonder these are so popular–they are simply delicious, nutritious, and filling.
I like such recipes that I can prep ahead of time using the simple and healthy ingredients for those busy mornings. And overnight oats are just perfect!
How to make easy overnight oats?
You just need to soak rolled oats in milk for a few hours. It is the base for making this kind of recipe. You can add your favorite food items to make it delicious and healthy. In this particular recipe, I used almond butter, fresh blueberries, dried figs, and honey.
In a mason jar, combine milk, almond butter, and honey. Whisk the mixture and add rolled oats, figs, and some blueberries. Put on the lid and refrigerate overnight. Breakfast will be ready even before you wake up!
How this breakfast recipe is healthy?
These easy overnight oats are prepared using all healthy ingredients
- Oats are an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamins B, and various dietary minerals
- Blueberries are considered the king of all antioxidant foods
- Figs are a good source of soluble fiber and minerals. These are also a good source of antioxidants 
- It is naturally sweetened with honey or agave
More Healthy Breakfast Favorites
- Healthy Zucchini Pancakes
- Mung Bean Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
- Italian Veggie Sandwich Recipe
- Oatmeal Pudding With Strawberries
Easy Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup toasted rolled oats
- ½ cup fresh blueberries divided
- ¾ cup nut milk if vegan or low-fat milk
- 3-4 dried figs halved
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- In a mason jar add milk, almond butter, and sweetener. Whisk the mixture to mix well.
- Then add toasted rolled oats, figs, and some blueberries. Put on the lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving top with some fresh blueberries and figs
- Adjust sweetener according to your taste.
- You can also use regular rolled oats if you want.