This 5 ingredient 5 min. peanut butter banana smoothie is a perfect breakfast to start any mornings. If you are looking for quick breakfast ideas then it is a must try smoothie.
What I love about smoothie? It is super quick to make. It only takes a few minutes to gather its ingredients and blend them to make this creamy-textured drink.
To make this peanut butter banana smoothie, simply combine banana, peanut butter, some milk, dates and oats in a blender to make a healthy breakfast drink. We often enjoy this in our morning breakfast. It is…
How this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is Healthy?
This peanut butter banana smoothie is prepared using all healthy ingredients.
- It is naturally sweetened and does not contain added sugar
- Peanut butter is a source of healthy fats. It contains more unsaturated fats than saturated ones. It is a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that are considered healthy fats.
- Dates are a natural source of sugar, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Oats are healthy grains loaded with dietary fibers, protein, dietary minerals and vitamin B.
- Bananas are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6 and minerals like manganese
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1 ripe banana (preferably organic)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2-3 pitted dates
- Combine all listed ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more dates if necessary to adjust sweetness
- Add more or less milk for preferred consistency
- If you want a cold smoothie, slice and freeze banana well in advance.
- You can also add a few ice cubes if you want
- Tastes best when served fresh
You may also like these smoothie recipes