This Vietnamese Summer Rolls Salad Bowl is a perfect alternative to wrapping Vietnamese summer rolls in rice paper wraps. A hassle free dish with the goodness of authentic flavors.
I am really excited to share this recipe with you guys.
The reason being…
This salad bowl really is a lazy way of preparing Vietnamese summer rolls or spring rolls. There is no need to wrap the fillings in delicate rice paper wraps. Although I have mastered the art of handling the rice paper wraps for the rolls (as if it is rocket science ), I do end up breaking them quite often while wrapping. It also takes quite a bit of time to do a good job on these rolls. Which is why I have a lazy version of this super healthy and nutritious dish to share with you all!
Vietnamese Summer Rolls Salad
Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them to prepare the salad. Then add the dipping sauce as a salad dressing. Delicious summer roll bowl is ready without having to use the wrap.
Doesn’t it sound easy?
Additionally, this bowl is healthy with lots of colors, freshness, and nutrition. Looking at this delicious inviting colorful bowl I feel like my name is written all over it.
How about you? Let us know in the comment if you make this easy-peasy summer roll bowl.
- For making cucumber and carrot noodles as I do for this recipe, choose firm and a bigger/thicker fresh carrots and cucumbers. It will make the spiralizer’s job much easier.
- If you are not using organic cucumber and carrots I would recommend peeling them off to get rid of excessive pesticides and chemicals that are concentrated in the peel.
- Use brown rice noodles instead of white rice for added health benefits.
- While purchasing noodles package always look for the ingredient lists to stay away from added chemicals. We always try to avoid packaged food that contains ingredients which do not sound like food.
I love using spiralizer for making veggie noodles. I feel veggie noodles make vegetables inviting and interesting to eat. Therefore, in this salad bowl, I used cucumber and carrot noodles.
Vietnamese Summer Rolls Salad – Health Benefits
This salad bowl is prepared using fresh raw cucumber, carrot, brown rice noodles and shrimps.
Cucumber pulp is rich in vitamin A, folic acid, and vitamin C while skin is a good source of fiber, magnesium, and potassium. Additionally, cucumber contains silica, a mineral that helps to strengthen our connective tissue. For more details read the article on amazing health benefits of cucumber published on HuffingtonPost.
Carrots are a great source of beta-carotene that gives a natural dark orange color to it. Moreover, this beta-carotene partly metabolizes into vitamin A that is essential for good eye health. It also provides various vitamins and minerals. Get additional information here.
Brown rice noodles are relatively high in fiber content when compared to white rice noodles.
According to Wikipedia, shrimp is a good source of calcium and iodine in addition to protein. It is low in calorie and high in omega 3s with less saturated fat when compared to animal products. However, it is high in cholesterol. Therefore, enjoy them in moderate amounts.
Healthy Vietnamese Summer Rolls Salad Recipe
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 20 large shrimps (cooked)
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 green onions chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Cook rice noodles according to package instructions and set aside
Cook shrimps for 1-2 min on each side in a non-stick pan on medium heat
Peel and cut carrots and cucumber into halves. Then using a spiralizer make them into noodles.
In a small bowl or mason jar combine all ingredients listed under dressing and mix well.
In a serving salad bowl add some cooked noodles, some cucumber and carrot noodles. Then add the cooked shrimps
Now add chopped cilantro, some fresh mint leaves, spring onions and jalapeno slices. Drizzle around 1 tbsp prepared soy sauce dressing on the top
Finally, add a lemon wedge to serve and enjoy this bowl of deliciousness.
- If you do not have a spiralizer, cut carrots and cucumbers into thick juliennes.
- Do not use shrimp if you have seafood allergy. You can use tofu instead.
This page may include affiliate links which help us to deliver free recipes and maintain this blog.